Seat Upgrade Parts-Help fining

MIK3

Hello All, Being a new Sprinter owner, I have begun to develop the things I like or not about the vehicle. Overall I'm very pleased so far, however I strongly dislike the drivers seat. Rolling no less than 800 miles per week I find it important to have a good seat.

I need to add some of the features of the "Luxury Seat". I'm most interested in the lumbar adjustment, heated seat, and I wouldn't mind the suspension.

Looking at the parts schematics I don't see specifics for ordering any of these parts. There are illustration numbers but no corresponding part numbers. (See Link for parts diagrams)

Whats even more confusing is there are what looks like several of the same of each item with no part number to differentiate.

I asked the dealer, but thy couldn't figure it out.

Dose anyone know how to order these parts, or what the actual part numbers are for each item?

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=213693&chapter=&sectionids=0,51873&groupid=2673&make=8&model=Sprinter&year=2008&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Thanks

shanemac

complete suspension seat art grey color non air bag Item Number MSRP Price
1HG591E7AA $1,637.76 does not specify with heated option

complete suspension seat art grey with air bag 1hg581e7aa $1,904.66 does not specify with heated option

Buying each part separate to convert to the suspension would be much more in price...never mind any lumbar adjustment or the heated option.

I'm sure Chris on the board hear could get some more info and prices. there are three different color choices listed Grey was the most common color.

Members running conversion vans hear would know the best aftermarket seat for the sprinter.

I personally find the seat bottom to narrow and small for my butt:laughing: i have made some calls to get it widened and the heated seat option installed...may be some time before i get it completed.

72chevy4x4

have you considered installing seats from another vehicle? I installed 2004 Suburban seats into my 99 suburban....heat, power, memory (didn't get that worked out) and quite comfortable all in appealing grey leather :) the pedestal design of the sprinter gives plenty of room for a custom pedestal as height may be an issue. no, nothing 'bolts' up, that's what a welder is for :thumbup:

rjbub

Thanks for the information on the options of changing the very uncomfortable standard 2007 seats.. However, if you replace the seat, dont you loose the side seat deployed air bag as wel ?l... any options of retaining that in the new upgraded seats?

rick

Top Bottom