Help choosing Timbrens or Sumos bumper replacements.

Thanks MWD for that link, I am dealing w/ Happy Daizs RV in Sacramento.

Now they have the Sumos and Timbrens in the bumper replacement.

I can choose from different rates for each. I will be at max
GVW or beyond ( as little more as I can achieve) for a long time.
Would it be wise to choose one somewhat beyond max for front and rear? Or just go w/ 5300 rear & 3250 front?

Then Sumos or Timbrens?

Thank you all.

sepudo

From what I've read sumos are progressive?

I have them and have felt a noticeable difference. No issues.

Van weight is under 6k lbs

#drivingdharma

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I would consider fox shocks for the rear first. If you have excessive load on the front spring (sagging), then add-on bumpstops can help some.

nutterbutter

2004 LTV Free Spirit T1N
I have the fox, and it is WAY better than the KYB in the back. The KYB was much better than the worn out stock.

For a heavy sprinter, I'd work in this order:
1. Fox in the back
2. New front shocks
3. New front bump stops. The front bump stops are VERY close so you hit it often.
4. Maybe rear bump stops, but I don't think it it matters that much. In an RV, generally everyone is sitting up front and you may never even notice. Plus the factor bump stops are okay... not garbage like the front.
5. New front steel spring (I don't have these but have been envious of others who have done it). It seems to raise the front and give me more space before the bump stop hits.

I've got rear air springs too. They can be very helpful in *some* high wind highway situations. Worse on city streets/parking lots if you forget to air down.

Re: I chose Timbrens for the front, made a temporary bumper for the rear…

as the rear version is weeks away.

Do you know that Dap makes a very good instant glue, the blue caped bottle. Now all these glues have a great adhesion for rubber.

Attachments

Top Bottom