2006 onwards seat base in tn1?

Crosscut

Hi, first thread here, this forum has been a real help just reading, but I can't find anything relating to this.

Has anyone tried fitting a seat base from a 2006 or later Sprinter into a tn1?

I assume they won't just bolt in but are they the same angle and similar size so they might be adapted?

I ask because there is a device for rotating a double seat designed for the newer sprinters, it won't work on the tn1 seats because the seatbelt pillar gets in the way so swapping out the whole lot is a possible solution.

I also like the fold down cup holder and sandwich table that is in some of the newer seats.

Thanks for reading.

Crosscut

Thanks, he is doing back seats isn't he?
I am interested in the front passenger seat, I should have made that clear, sorry.

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
I’m going to hazard a guess that it won’t be a straight bolt in procedure.
Btw if it is just a matter of the belt latch being in the way, maybe just modify that?
If that doesn’t work , if the design is similar and you are a decent fabricator, some metal bar etc should match things up, but you may end up 1/2 “ or more higher due to bar thickness and possibly difference in floor angle/base angle. I’ve mounted a few different seats in different vehicles over the years, a little head scratching and prototyping and they eventually work.
Remember the belt latch is on the seat base itself so design accordingly (it has to hold back a lot of dynamic energy in the event of an accident).

YNWA

Hi, first thread here, this forum has been a real help just reading, but I can't find anything relating to this.

Has anyone tried fitting a seat base from a 2006 or later Sprinter into a tn1?

I assume they won't just bolt in but are they the same angle and similar size so they might be adapted?

I ask because there is a device for rotating a double seat designed for the newer sprinters, it won't work on the tn1 seats because the seatbelt pillar gets in the way so swapping out the whole lot is a possible solution.

I also like the fold down cup holder and sandwich table that is in some of the newer seats.

Thanks for reading.

Hi Crosscut, I’m currently trying to do the exact same in my t1n wondered if you managed to fit the seat in the end and if so would you mind explaining how exactly you did it?
Many thanks in advance!

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
To add: I know that the actual seat to pedestal mounting bolt pattern is completely different too T1N / NCV3, significantly so on the width measurement which implies that it would take some effort to retrofit the "wrong" base from a newer model.

If a rotating seat is the end goal I honestly think it would take less time and effort to solve that issue in its own right, whilst leaving the original seat pedestals intact.

Top Bottom