inverter

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Most investors have two options for installation direct mount to a steel surface your grounded if attached to wood then use the added select, to add an earth wire to ground the inverter.
Richard

dbradley

I drilled a hole in the passenger seat base and installed a bolt for grounding anything really. The seat pedestal is part of the body so it is grounded which makes your bolt grounded, my 3000w inverter ground is screwed to that bolt. If you put an extra battery under the seat you will want to put a battery isolator between the main and aux batteries. This will prevent your main battery from draining while you are pulling 12v off the aux battery, also during start it will ensure your vehicle only starts off the main and not main/aux combined.
http://bluesea.com/category/2/productline/overview/386

hope this helps

skye12

Both of ours a o2 & an o6 have 1500 watt units . One under the seat next to the battery & the other on the back of the seat base . Was worried about the cooling for the one under the seat , but works as well as the other . Just keep the cables as short as possible & you should be ok.

surlyoldbill

Low tech solution for a once-in-a-while need for aux battery:
I installed a cigarette lighter style receptacle on the side of the driver seat base by the door; it is switched via relay to only be on when the key is on. I plug an 800 watt inverter into it, and a small 2-5 amp battery charger into the inverter to charge an extra car battery that I have (sealed L/A). When I want to use the juice from the extra battery while parked, I attach the same inverter via clips to the posts of the extra battery and I have 110vac for charging batteries, powering laptop or running my PA system (rare). I made a small plywood box that houses all this stuff and sits behind the driver seat or in a cabinet if we're in camping mode. I also run my thermoelectric refridgerator off this switched 12vdc power receptacle.

I usually just charge up my batteries while driving and leave the car battery at home. I'll charge powertool and AA/AAA rechargeable batteries, and I've found that re-charging them with the motor off (from the dash receptacle, always "on") produces negligible drain on the battery. My AA/AAA recharger plugs directly into the lighter socket (I attached a dual socket to the bottom of the "cup holder" that is wired to the main socket, so I can plug in phone, GPS and battery charger at the same time).

At some point I'll invest in an isolator and have a true aux battery, but I don't need one very often.

skye12

I think I might still have the factory spec & install sheets For the second battery . Let me know if you would like me to Email them to you , assuming that I can find them . Got them with the 02, should be the same for the newer Spinters . Joe

Top Bottom