Injector return line fittings?

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Performing a leak off test, and it happened, I broke one of the return fittings. Is it true that the only source for them is Dr. A? Have a call into him and waiting for a reply, but asking here too. Looks like the whole line assembly is available from europarts for like $60, but I'd ideally like to not spend that much...

Performing a leak off test, and it happened, I broke one of the return fittings. Is it true that the only source for them is Dr. A? Have a call into him and waiting for a reply, but asking here too. Looks like the whole line assembly is available from europarts for like $60, but I'd ideally like to not spend that much...
All NAS aka NAFTA T1N 5 cylinder diesels use the same return fittings. (As do Euro 4 cylinder T1N's.)

Quality can vary depending upon manufacturer and supplier. Europarts may be a good option.

Some info is here. It may help you to make a decision.

Fuel Return Line Leak Off O-ring Seals
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58456

:cheers: vic

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Thanks to both of you, maybe I'll just order the whole line set from europarts, it might be the fastest shipping option for me, starting a 1500 mile journey on Friday so this timing suuucckkkks

If you buy from eBay, don't get the plastic ones. I broke one of these just trying to push it in. The metal connectors work and don't break on install.

Barry

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
I’ve found MBZ dealer pricing for the new, stainless, version to be competitive and given your timeline may be worth checking with them..

Zundfolge

Always learning...
I’ve found MBZ dealer pricing for the new, stainless, version to be competitive and given your timeline may be worth checking with them..
Don't suppose you have a p/n? On phone with dealership now and they're having trouble finding anything. Thanks!

vanski

Don't suppose you have a p/n? On phone with dealership now and they're having trouble finding anything. Thanks!
Don’t have it in front of me. There’s no way they shouldn’t be able to locate that thing in their system with your vin.

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Don’t have it in front of me. There’s no way they shouldn’t be able to locate that thing in their system with your vin.
Nine of the dealerships can find a p/n for the individual fittings, only the whole line assembly. Not an impressive experience with sprinterstore, ordered next day air, website said in stock. Emailed them 5 hours later to ask for a tracking number and they said it was too late for orders to go out at that point, even though I ordered at 10:45 in the morning, then said they didn't have it in stock anyway. Just venting I guess but kinda unprofessional. So now here I am at the dealer paying $150. The only p/n's the dealer could find were the ones posted above by MWD.

vanski

My bad.. thought you were looking for the entire assembly.

I think I may have an old assembly with a broken fitting. I’ve tried to just take the other fittings off but they were very difficult to slip off.

My bad.. thought you were looking for the entire assembly.

I think I may have an old assembly with a broken fitting. I’ve tried to just take the other fittings off but they were very difficult to slip off.
Immersing the hose in hot water sometimes helps. That said, factory original T1N plastic fittings are probably more brittle now than they were when new.

vanski

good to know, but agreed, just replace whole line with SS fittings is the way to go.

Zundfolge

Always learning...
Whelp, $150 and a 2 1/2 hr round trip later she's back on the road. I'd say if you plan to do a leak off test it *could* be prudent to just replace the whole line assembly with the new SS fittings while you're in there, or at least have the assembly on hand. It can be had for $40-$60 shipped.

The p/n on the bag I got from the dealer was 6120703832

I didn't even put very much pressure on the one that I took off that broke, so if you do a leak off test and have the plastic return fittings I'd suggest not exerting ANY pressure on the barb arm of the tee.

The good news out of all of this is that none of my injectors leaked off more than about 3/8" of fuel into the 3/8" line, and they're very likely original and have about 280k miles. I know this doesn't mean they're for certain all good, but it's some peace of mind.

Thank you all once again for all of your help :cheers:

Last edited:

Top Bottom