Discontinued part needed - 05104276AA

rodrob

Does anybody have one of these, 05104276AA ? It’s the foam molding that holds the left side windsheild pillar cover. Mind disintegrated when I was taking the cover off to fix a blown speaker. I thought there might be a retired sprinter out there that has one of these.

Does anybody have one of these, 05104276AA ? It’s the foam molding that holds the left side windsheild pillar cover. Mind disintegrated when I was taking the cover off to fix a blown speaker. I thought there might be a retired sprinter out there that has one of these.
I don't have one that I don't need.

I'm certain that the foam meets some specification. That said, if you wear the seat/shoulder belts and don't defeat the air bag system, I would just fill the plastic trim with Great Stuff Foam and trim it down to fit. The foam broke on my pillar. I fastened it back together using aluminum tape.

:cheers: vic

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Seems so? US$75 is kinda criminal though...?

The foam itself isn’t critical, but the white plastic that the screws bear against is, since that’s what holds the A-pillar trim. If enough of the plastic survived, an appropriately sized washer can be added to nurse things along.

-dave

doug022984

Sporadic Member Since 2015
I recently replaced mine (maybe 6 months ago), so was still able to find one from one of those dealerships that sells parts online (OEMmoparparts.com seems to ring a bell). It was not cheap, as in more than $75 with shipping. If your foam is all that's broken, just glue it back on with some spray fabric contact cement. That's what I did with the passenger side. I replaced driver side though because as Nautamaran said, the plastic is what's critical. The plastic that holds the plastic/foam piece to the metal was all broken at the screw heads. Picture clearing up how it works. Screws hold plastic to metal and then plastic slots are what the gray pillar cover clips in to.

Attachments

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I use Elmer's white glue when dealing with foamed plastics ... it doesn't attack any of them.
(Titebond would work, too)

--dick

rodrob

Fixed. Glued the foam together with some gel super glue. Used big washers to jam into the foam. Screwed it down. All good... for now. It might all come apart again if I have to take it apart, but I'll worry about that then. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom