New van

grayghostII

Good evening folks. A few months back I picked up a 2005 140" high top with 74k and couldn't be more excited! A week and change after picking it up I went to the meet up in Petaluma and saw some great work and met some nice people, right on for putting that together. After getting to know the van a bit and getting lost down a few rabbit holes here on the forum I got a couple issues I'm hoping to get some help with. I've got a couple electrical gremlins

The first I believe is with the ATC. The heater control valve has a mind of its own and the coolant pump (which the PO bypassed) will squeal like a banshee no matter what condition the van is in. The AC works and the temp controls work (the light behind the right half of the ATC is out too) but I think that the heater control valve may have been the culprit of a dead battery a few weeks back. I see there are a few Ebay vendors selling repairs for these units, is there any body here on the forum that does the repairs or any body come recommended?

Twice now after longer drives (more than 4 hours) the blower fan will come on full blast when I turn the van off, could this also be an issue with the ATC?

The instrument cluster light works if I have the lights turned on and the key in position one or two, but it goes out once the van is running. This only started a couple of weeks ago and in case I'm using the wrong description I mean the light that displays the speedo and tach and gauges for night time.

And lastly I had a strange No Start on 4th of July that I still can't wrap my head around and will dive into previous posts before I get too deep.

This is the first forum I've joined and I look forward to sharing anything I run into and appreciate the vast info and knowledge you folks have shared here for everyone, cheers

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Check all the wiring for condition, especially under the dash.

I suspect you may have a faulty ATC. However you could also have an ignition switch or fuse block one fault. You need to consult the wiring diagrams, and start testing to determine which wires are getting power at the wrong times, and what could cause that.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
The instrument cluster light works if I have the lights turned on and the key in position one or two, but it goes out once the van is running. This only started a couple of weeks ago and in case I'm using the wrong description I mean the light that displays the speedo and tach and gauges for night time.
IIRC this is MB's twisted way of telling you that your licence plate lamp is not working!

Check the lamps before going any further. If they do not work there can be several reasons for failure which have all been discussed on here previously, but post results first.

Keith.

grayghostII

Those haven't worked since I picked up the van, opened that panel and the wires had been broken off and left dangling. The switch and contact plate look like they've seen some hard times. Definitely on the list

Top Bottom