Crankshaft Position Sensor Recall

TimJuhl

After reading AP's excellent compilation of LHM causes I'm left with a question. He refers to a recall that began in Feb 2008 of Crankshaft Position Sensors. Is there any way to visually inspect the CPS to determine whether it has been replaced with the improved version? I bought my used Sprinter in June 2008 and wonder if it was ever changed.

Tim

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
Just did mine and it was identical to the oem...well, except for the fact that it works when hot:smirk:

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician
After reading AP's excellent compilation of LHM causes I'm left with a question. He refers to a recall that began in Feb 2008 of Crankshaft Position Sensors. Is there any way to visually inspect the CPS to determine whether it has been replaced with the improved version? I bought my used Sprinter in June 2008 and wonder if it was ever changed.

Tim
Tim : That recall was for the NCV3's (07-up), and it was just to replace the sensor. no need to worry on your part.

Carl

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
The 'HO2' recall campaign covered roughly 6000 of the '07 diesel powered Sprinters ONLY.

Scott is confusing his CMP (camshaft sensor) with the CKP (crankshaft sensor) that Tim is referring to. Doktor A

TimJuhl

Thanks all..... Maybe I'm a little slow to comprehend but I'm still confused -

I assumed that it applied to my van because the mention of the CKP (Crankshaft Position Sensor) recall was in the T1N section in AP's post on Limp Home Mode.

That brings me back to my original question plus one - 1.) Does it apply to my 2006 3500? 2.) Is there a way to visually determine whether it has been changed? 3.) Should I be talking to a dealer about swapping it out under the recall?

Tim

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Thanks all..... Maybe I'm a little slow to comprehend but I'm still confused -

I assumed that it applied to my van because the mention of the CKP (Crankshaft Position Sensor) recall was in the T1N section in AP's post on Limp Home Mode.

That brings me back to my original question plus one - 1.) Does it apply to my 2006 3500? 2.) Is there a way to visually determine whether it has been changed? 3.) Should I be talking to a dealer about swapping it out under the recall?

Tim
That';s why I put the word 'only' in CAPITAL letters, just for you, to help clarify that ONLY the 6000 '07 6cyl diesels are part of the recall campaign.

Your '06 CKP sensor is not included in the recall and the info should not have been included in the T1N postings. Doktor A

Top Bottom