Oil catch tank/separator

Bastek

Hello guys,
I’m new here. I’m owner of sprinter 2013 w906 sprinter 2143cc facelift model and I’m really happy with it. Owning it now for 3 years, I have never had any problems with it. Done 140k miles now it has never missed the bit or single service all on original parts/oils. However recently my van went to DPF regen mode more often (twice a week) and I’ve noticed that the rubber hose from rocker cover is leaking oil on the joiner with turbo air inlet pipe. I understand that engine and needs to breathe and gases build in the engine with oil mist are runned through the turbo/Intercooler/inlet manifold back to combustion chamber to save the planet but to say this my Intercooler collected fair bit of oil. When the weather was nice I took it all off. I never thought that the oil would get past Intercooler but here I was removing the inlet manifold to get closer look how bad it was. It took me couple of hours to clean the inlet as the flaps were almost glued without much of movement (i recon As I didn’t get any fault codes I’ve must have caught it in time).
So now I have clean charging system, at least I thought I had. After couple of weeks I noticed that the oil build up on pipe rocker cover/turbo air inlet pipe is coming back to the same state as it was and I guess the rest of internal build up will follow.
My question is, does anybody tried or used very well advertised oil catch cans?
Looking at all pictures I found online there’s I’m struggling to find oil separators which are true separators, I mean that have compartments that will collect oil with a wire mesh or some sort rather than an empty box and have enough flow through capacity for engine to breath easily?
Does anyone came across this sort of problem?

Sprinter SS

I have recently installed the ProVent 200 on my GL350 (wifes car) with the same engine that is in many of our Sprinters the OM642.

So far I have been amazed how much oil mist it coalesces out. I now have about 2k miles on the install and have drained about 60cc of oil. I installed a micro ball valve and tailed a drain like to an easy to get to spot for maint.

Definately going to install one on my Sprinter soon as I am out of warranty at the end of the year..

Here is a couple more finished pics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SD26

2012 NCV3 3500
Installed a Terratuff air oil separator in my new to me Sprinter. Don't have a lot of data to share as I've only had this Sprinter for about a month.

Attachments

Top Bottom