door lock actuator troubleshooting

indigoE

For the past year my door locks have not responded to the remote command to "lock all doors". Here is the locks' behavior:

1. Lock back door with key and the front doors will lock.

2. lock either front door with key and the other front door locks, but not the back door

3. Side slider-door needs a key (or inner button) to lock/unlock. Seems to be "out of the locking loop"

4. If rear and side doors are locked, the remote will lock the front doors.

The sliding door actuator was replaced a few years ago, how can I test these actuators to find the problem unit?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
There have very recently (2 days ago?) been active threads similar to this.

I would start by suspecting the *wiring* , not the actuator(s).

If the motor-driving wires fall off (from the springy pins, for example) or the splice that joins *all* of the non-driver's doors' motors opens up, you'll get your symptoms. (except "But:" below)

Start with the 2006 service manual, the door locks wiring is drawn in section 8W: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2006-VA-SM.pdf

But: The fact you're not getting (or at least reporting) the lock/unlock/lock cycle hints that someone has played with the wires to make the side and rear doors appearing "locked" to the system.
IF you simply failed to report it: bad on you... we need ALL the symptoms.

If either the side or rear door was NOT locked when you operated the front (or rear) lock buttons, you should have had a lock/unlock cycle. Pressing the button a second time should then get the full lock/unlock/lock cycle. Try leaving the front passenger door open, and press the rear button ... which should cause (at least) the driver's door to lock, then unlock.

--dick

Last edited:

Top Bottom