Air Conditioning relay ?

tomd4s

The A.C. on my 2011 cargo van blows nice and cold when it is working . Lately it will not always turn on after a restart . Sometimes it will come back on after I shut the key off and restart again. Little red light on AC switch is on and blower is blowing . It started doing this once in a while . Now it happens every day. Any help would be much appreciated .

BritzSprinter

Ex Britz 313CDI Motorhome
I'd be interested to know also, my 2014 does the same.
If I turn it off with the fan switch to zero (leaving the A/C button alone), then turn the fan back on it'll blow cold again.

gmbaird

There may be an intermittent error condition, but you'll have to be able to retrieve a/c related codes from the climate control module to determine what the problem may be.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
If your off/on cycle was very short, you could be seeing a safety "let it sit 3 minutes" circuit.
AC compressors really don't like short "off" cycles ... they prefer to allow the coolant (and oil) to settle down before a restart.

I don't recall (from reading the service manual in the past) if the Sprinter has such a delay, but many vehicles do.

--dick

lruss

I experiance similar conditons - just though it was mercedes qwerk, a little like the old hyrdaulic suspension setups they used to have

Top Bottom