cup holder vents

epssty

2005 2500 sprinter
I have a 2500 2005 sprinter and in the cup holder there are slits that look the slips are to vent something

what are the vent slits for

I have made a deck in the van that is above the vent

I have a 2500 2005 sprinter and in the cup holder there are slits that look the slips are to vent something

what are the vent slits for

I have made a deck in the van that is above the vent
I assume that you mean under the front of the assembly and not inside the cup holders proper.

Those slots are for HVAC. They are intended for the front middle seat occupant (Euro models) and are otherwise minimally effective except to heat a cooler stowed between the front seats.

I removed the flex duct and plugged off the air flow. There is quite a bit of somewhat secure storage available under the cup holders

Under Cups Storage
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65597

vic

Langsev

How did you get the original cup holder piece out. I have removed the three screws from the bottom but its still very solid.
Thanks in advance for any help.
John

Langsev

Thanks for your speedy reply, I was trying to lift from the very bottom. You did an excellent job
, where did you get the information for your posting?
John

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
In the link to the 2006-VA-SM that Dave provided above the picture.
Hehe - thanks for that! :thumbup:

I do try to state my sources… even deep-linking the actual pages in the pdf files (since most pdf readers can decode the appended #page syntax within the URL, and no one wants to scroll through 1200 pages of service manual!)

-dave

Last edited:

Top Bottom