Westfalia Repair CD

Zach Woods

Howdy Westy Owners!

I am uploading the english language Westfalia Service Manual CD here in a split .ZIP archive format so everyone can download it if they do not have it already. I believe that this is the whole CD.

Follow the directions with each post exactly and then use an archive software program like WinZip to extract these files into a format that you could use from your hard drive or burnt to a CD.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.zip" file.

2. follow the directions in the next post in this thread to download the next archive file.

Zach

Attachments

Zach Woods

Hello Again Westy Owners -

Here is the second post in the Westfalia Service Manual CD thread.

Follow the directions with each post exactly and then use an archive software program like WinZip to extract these files into a format that you could use from your hard drive or burnt to a CD.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.z01.zip" file.

2. rename the just downloaded "Westy_CD_split.z01.zip" file to "Westy_CD_split.z01". In other words, remove the ".zip" extension.

3. follow the directions in the next post in this thread to download the next archive file.

Zach

Attachments

Zach Woods

Here is the third post in the Westfalia Service Manual CD thread.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.z02.zip" file.

2. rename the just downloaded "Westy_CD_split.z02.zip" file to "Westy_CD_split.z02". In other words, remove the ".zip" extension.

3. follow the directions in the next post in this thread to download the next archive file.

Zach

Attachments

Zach Woods

Here is the fourth post in the Westfalia Service Manual CD thread.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.z03.zip" file.

2. rename the just downloaded "Westy_CD_split.z03.zip" file to "Westy_CD_split.z03". In other words, remove the ".zip" extension.

Zach

Attachments

Zach Woods

Here is the fifth post in the Westfalia Service Manual CD thread.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.z04.zip" file.

2. rename the just downloaded "Westy_CD_split.z04.zip" file to "Westy_CD_split.z04". In other words, remove the ".zip" extension.

3. if you have followed the directions in each of the five posts so far (in other words downloaded all five .ZIP archives, and renamed the last four archives as directed), then you are ready to extract the files from the split .ZIP archive. If not, go back to the first post in this thread and start there again.

4. open the "Westy_CD_split.zip" archive file to extract all of the documents from all of the files at one time. If you have downloaded WinZip (http://www.winzip.com/index.htm) and installed it you can just double-click on the "Westy_CD_split.zip" archive file to achieve this. You may also be able to use a different archive software program than WinZip if you prefer it but not all of them will work with split archives. The archives needed to be split because of a 10MB .ZIP archive file size limit on uploads to Sprinter-Source.

5. double click on the index.html file located in the Westy CD folder that was the result of the extraction (or open the index.html file from within your favorite browser if you prefer).

6. if you bump into any problems please post the problems / your questions as replies to this post (in this thread) so that others can benefit from any further instructions if they are needed.

Zach

Attachments

Zach Woods

Howdy Folks -

Note #6 in my quoted post below. Let's try to post questions and problems on this thread so ALL can benefit from them and one reply in one place can answer any questions that turn up for multiple folks.

I have received a number of questions about this Westfalia Service Manual and am going to try to answer them all here.

One person bumped into the following problem(s):

I get error messages when unzipping
xtracting to "C:\Documents and Settings\Rob admin\My Documents\Unzipped\Westy_CD_split.zip\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Error in file #1: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 4
Error in file #2: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 48
Error in file #3: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 98
Error in file #4: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 150
Error in file #5: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 205
Error in file #6: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 263
Error in file #7: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 324
Error in file #8: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 1213

My questions are:

1. Did you rename the .z0x.zip files to their correct .z0x file extensions?

2. Did you download all 5 of the .zip archive files and are they all located in the same folder on your hard drive?

3. What version of WinZip are you using? I just downloaded all of the files to test and found that by following the directions and using WinZip 10 it is working fine.

Another had the following happen:

Tried to download repair CD several times w/ 2 different computers but WinZip 14 could't open it. Talked to their rep who said it was fault w/CD. If you could burn me one and send it I'd be happy to pay for it.

My questions (and responses) are:

1. Did you rename the .z0x.zip files to their correct .z0x file extensions?

2. Did you download all 5 of the .zip archive files and are they all located in the same folder on your hard drive?

3. Have you tried it with an earlier version of WinZip or an alternative archive extraction program?

a. It is not a fault with the CD - at this point there is no CD involved in any of this and I've never had the CD myself as I downloaded the files from a web space that someone else had uploaded the contents of their CD to. (Also see my #3 in answer to the first question above.)

b. Anyone that wants me to burn a CD and send it out should know ahead of time that my rates are $100/hr and on top of the cost of purchasing a CD I will be adding a $10 shipping charge. Given that you can get it for free here I would think that would be more cost effective!

I'll answer any and all future questions on this topic that are posted here. Please don't send private messages or emails as then any one with similar questions in future doesn't get the benefit of your questions and any answers that turn up.

If someone wants to buy WinZip 14 for me (I think it costs $29.95) I would be more than willing to test the process I outlined in my posts to this thread using that version.

Zach

Here is the fifth post in the Westfalia Service Manual CD thread.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.z04.zip" file.

2. rename the just downloaded "Westy_CD_split.z04.zip" file to "Westy_CD_split.z04". In other words, remove the ".zip" extension.

3. if you have followed the directions in each of the five posts so far (in other words downloaded all five .ZIP archives, and renamed the last four archives as directed), then you are ready to extract the files from the split .ZIP archive. If not, go back to the first post in this thread and start there again.

4. open the "Westy_CD_split.zip" archive file to extract all of the documents from all of the files at one time. If you have downloaded WinZip (http://www.winzip.com/index.htm) and installed it you can just double-click on the "Westy_CD_split.zip" archive file to achieve this. You may also be able to use a different archive software program than WinZip if you prefer it but not all of them will work with split archives. The archives needed to be split because of a 10MB .ZIP archive file size limit on uploads to Sprinter-Source.

5. double click on the index.html file located in the Westy CD folder that was the result of the extraction (or open the index.html file from within your favorite browser if you prefer).

6. if you bump into any problems please post the problems / your questions as replies to this post (in this thread) so that others can benefit from any further instructions if they are needed.

Zach

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
I am using winzip ver. 14 free trial version using wizard & XP SP3. My folder displays the the following and lists the file type as zip:
Westy_CD_split
Westy_CD_split.z01
Westy_CD_split.z02
Westy_CD_split.z03
Westy_CD_split.z04

I had removed the .zip but if I cut and paste the file names into word they show up with the .zip on the end of the file name. If I try to rename them, it does not show the .zip

Originally I had Westy_CD_split.zip listed and when I ran it it showed up as Westy_CD_split.zip.zip in winzip. I re ran Winzip after removing a .zip and got:
"The next part of this archive in the location you specified does not appear to be different from the last part that was processed, do you wish to continue?" Won't work choosing yes or no. I will try downloading again as it sounds like maybe I got 2 files the same but named different?

Rob

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
Re: Westfalia Repair CD sucess!

The .zip.zip was the clue. XP was not letting me remove the .zip extention, it did not show it, but listed the file type as zip. DOS to the rescue! Click Start, RUN, type in CMD to get to DOS. Use CD to change to the directory where you have the files. DIR to see the files. Then rename by typing REN file1 file2 where file1 has the .zip extension and file 2 does not. This will remove the .zip. When looking at the folder XP then says it is a z01, z02 etc file type now, not a zip file type and the winzip 14 free trial unzipped with no problem.

Thanks for making it available and helping us figure it out.

Rob B.
Westy newbie

aliasgetinfo

Hello Zach:
I cannot thank you enough for the Westy manual. I have it safely on my hard drive and will burn it to a CD. I tried mightily to unpack the split Zip files without Winzip (which I've never had). The latest version (14) runs only on XP and later (which is useless for neanderthals like me) and they state that earlier versions are not available on the download site. After probing around for an hour I came across a link that pointed to the install files for 9,10,11,12. It may be that I have only an evaluation version but it was enough to get the manual unzipped. I found the files at <http://www.winzip.com/wzoldvers.htm>
Bernie.

Westy2005

I downloaded the files to a Windows XP computer and tried to get winzip (both 12 and 14) to work but after clicking "Use Evaluation Version" button a message box pops up "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.". Has anyway managed to get this document into a single file format?

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
XP was not letting me remove the .zip extention, it did not show it, but listed the file type as zip.
To see the *full* filename (and extension) in WindowsXP, open a Windows Explorer window,
click "Tools" on the top task bar, choose "Folder Options..." from that list.
In the "Folder Options" window, click the "View" tab.
In that long list of choices, just below the "Hidden Files" choices, is "Hide extensions of known file types"
*UN*check that box
Click [ok] and from then on all files will show their types.
(i tick and untick many other items in that list to remove the over-simplified "friendly" views)
------------

Just as a data point, WinZip v8.1 happily unpacked the Westy files... Thanks!

--dick

Westy2005

I'm stumped...I've tried everything but cant get Winzip to open the file.

Could anyone manage to get the multi part archive back into a normal single zip file? Or even just a big unzipped file?

Thanks!!!

PS: if you find one can you email it to me at: DanMayer2007@gmail.com

VanSyncro

Has anyone else had a problem with the ZoomOn Java plug-in? I'm running Vista 64 and when I try to view the wiring diagrams I get a security failure that prevents me from opening them. tried using both explorer and safari to view the issue seems to be that Java is not recognize the security certificate.

autocamp

un-Airstream'ed & un-Dodged NAFTA JC
Has anyone else had a problem with the ZoomOn Java plug-in? I'm running Vista 64 and when I try to view the wiring diagrams I get a security failure that prevents me from opening them. tried using both explorer and safari to view the issue seems to be that Java is not recognize the security certificate.
Bring up this old post.

I successfully unzipped all the files and I can view the manual with my browser. I can navigate and manual and see all the mechanical diagrams.

I encounter the same problem trying to view the wiring diagram.:thinking: I tried 2 different computers/OS with identical result. I have the same ZoomOn Java plug-in error.

Has anyone able to view the wiring diagram? If so can you please share the specifics.

Zach Woods

Is there a way to easily print the whole thing out at once once you have it on a CD?

Rob
Hi Rob -

Try PDF Combine (http://download.cnet.com/PDF-Combine/3000-18497_4-10429191.html?tag=mncol;6) to see if that will successfully gather all the separate PDF's together into one PDF that you could then print all at once.

I haven't tried this myself but the PDF Combine description suggests that it might be one way to combine the separate pieces and then print them all at once.

Zach

Top Bottom