Searching for a Transmission Fluid Change Writeup

36chambers

2006 T1N High Roof
Hi all,

Attempting my first transmission fluid change on tuesday. I've been searching this forum, youtube and everything else but I can't seem to find a good write up for transmission fluid change with the torque converted included.

If anyone has anything they could point me to it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

RJV

This is kind of the go to for most of us:

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2557&highlight=nag1

Make sure to click the link in the first post that walks you through the additional steps you can include such as 13 pin connector.

I'm preparing to do mine for the first time too, so I actually have the torque specs in front of me:
--8nm for the transmission pan bolts(make sure to note which clips go with which bolt and what bolt hole they belong too).
--The drain plug for the transmission pan is 20nm.
--The drain plug for the tc is 14nm.
--If you're doing the 13 pin connector it doesn't have an official torque setting, just snug it up--it's a plastic piece and you don't want to crack it.
--If you're doing the DARF procedure for Rumble Strip Noise, I've read that the torque spec for the valve body side plate you will remove is between 2-3 ft pounds, though I haven't seen an official number. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

There are a few videos I watched, I will find them and link them in a few minutes.

Top Bottom