Loose sliding door handle causing leak

travisap

2008 Dodge Sprinter Campervan
While adding insulation to the door we noticed a very small water leak through the door handle. Upon further inspection we noticed the handle is a little loose and can see a potential entry for water through it. This piece looks very difficult to address and fix... anyone else have this issue?

2008 Sprinter 144WB High Roof 32K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprint2freedom

2008 NCV3 170ext
Yes, all the door handles on my van seem to have this flaw.

Somewhere long ago I have a post with a photo of what I did about it: Basically, on both the slider and the rear barn door I glued/sealed a piece of plastic sheeting to the metal to create a drain tunnel for the moisture to run down to the drain at the bottom of the door without wetting the insulation.

canyoneer

2017 144 High Roof

Somewhere long ago I have a post with a photo of what I did about it: Basically, on both the slider and the rear barn door I glued/sealed a piece of plastic sheeting to the metal to create a drain tunnel for the moisture to run down to the drain at the bottom of the door without wetting the insulation.
Yes, this is the exact method I copied, and every time I've taken off the interior door panels after a rain, the thinsulate has been completely dry. (Thanks sprint2freedom!)

Splad

Have had good look back through old posts but cant seem to locate these pics, would love to have a gqnder at how you fixed it if youre able to find the post or pics?

sprint2freedom

2008 NCV3 170ext
I went looking for the post in question and evidently I never actually uploaded a photo.

I did locate this picture. It's hardly a thing of beauty, but it serves the indented purpose:

tunnel.jpg

The sealant does not go all the way to the bottom because access was difficult, and I didn't insulate the bottom ~3 inches of the door anyway.

Top Bottom