Front door weatherstrip

99sport

Does anyone know what change was made to the front doors between 2004 and 2005? I am looking for front door weatherstrip and the part number for my 2005 (tall roof, 158" WB) is 05104426AA, which is discontinued. A search of this forum came up with part number 05159205AA, which is still available. After some researching, it seems the available part is for 2004 and earlier and the other part number is for 2005 and later - see attached pictures. From the attached parts listing, the door shell is the same for both years, but some of the structure behind them seems to be different (the reinforcing plug and weatherstrip have different part numbers).

Does anyone know what change was made to the doors in 2005 and if the 2004 weatherstrip will fit? My concern is that they may have changed the grove into which it is installed and the 2004 weatherstip will be too short for my 2005.

Thanks

Attachments

RJV

I do not have a specific answer to your question, but if you go here and click on the "what this fits" tab (under the picture of the weatherstrip), it lists this as a fit for your van.

https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/p/__/SEAL-Door-Used-for-Right-and-Left/6674578/05159205AA.html

Secondly, if you search for "weatherstrip" on europarts-sd.com, you will see that they sell only one front door weatherstrip and list that it fits 2002-2006. You will also see that they list the part as internationally back ordered until 03/2020(although it seems available at the link above).

If it helps, when cross referenced, MB part number is A901 766 01 98 . If you ever want to cross reference numbers search through the first few posts in the T1N database.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom