No T21 Recall but Registered in CA

So, my registration paper says I must get the recall done for registration(I have 05 Freightliner RV by Forest River on 04 T1N). I have GDE with Immobilizer delete and that was my main purpose of getting the GDE. I didn't want to deal with horrible "Start Error" issue for whatever reason. I used to get "Start Error" in cold mornings withouth GDE, but after GDE, I never got one "Start Error." Problem solved.

I also needed smog check and EGR was open with GDE so couldn't get smog passed. I reinstalled original file back to ECU and EGR was closed for smog and passed.

I went down to a locall A A A office this morining without the proof of recall. The clerk didn't even bother to read the paper, just ripped the bottom portion and gave back the top portion, collected cash, and gave me the registration renewal and sticker. I even asked for month sticker, and she did! I was told by the smog station that I have registration lock until I provide a proof of recall done. I am not sure how A A A works but for now I have 2020 tag. Back home I reinstalled GDE tune and all is good!

Only question is if I am going to be flagged for recall for next year renewal. I am hopping this won't happen. I will report back next year folks! Man, I am so happy this morning! :cheers:

sepudo

AAA are a middleman, they turn in items to the DMV...so your papers may get rejected (assuming the low paid worker in Sacramento even bothers to read) or you may get lucky and just slide through...

My recall and fix was effortless and swift in long Beach, even got a rental for the day even though I got my van back within hours.

#drivingdharma

From GDE's web site:

DISCLAIMER: Not legal for sale or use on any emission controlled motor vehicles. NOT legal for sale on any vehicle in California, refer HERE for further details pertaining to CA. For off-road racing use only.

You got lucky. I just bought my van about a week ago (passenger). I went to AAA to register and they said I must have proof that the recall was done. So I'm scheduled for Friday at a Dodge dealership in Canoga Park. Hope all goes well.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
You got lucky. I just bought my van about a week ago (passenger). I went to AAA to register and they said I must have proof that the recall was done. So I'm scheduled for Friday at a Dodge dealership in Canoga Park. Hope all goes well.
What year is your Sprinter?
Most of 2005 and all of 2006 should go swimmingly (depending upon dealer)
2004 and early 2005s will require an instrument panel swap.

--dick

Top Bottom