Labor Day Surprise

312 diesel (closed)

I'm sorry to see that; clearly their need was greater than yours. Horrible little scroats.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Yeah, feel you - been there several times. Don't really get why the eejit smashed the window though - there are at least a couple of easier and quieter ways to break in.

Get yourself some extra protection on the door handles or some deadlocks, maybe some smashproof film on the inside, that's about all you can do.

At least the van didn't vanish eh?

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
My condolences, hkpierce. I'm infuriated on your behalf.

I hope the criminals are caught.

-Jon

sikwan

06 Tin Can
:wtf:

Wow, at first I thought you had some foam draped over your door sill until closer inspection. What a way to end the Labor Day Weekend. :thumbdown:

I think it's a neighborhood job. I'm almost positive that 90% of these thefts occur due to neighborhood kids or young adults. When was the last time you had a contractor at your house?

bikergar

HK

I have had that happen to me and it's hard to describe the feeling of violation...The only bright side to your violation is no living loved ones were injured.

HK, I do feel for you.

gary

HK,
Crap. Sorry to see this happened. I don't know what to add.

Give the white dog a pat on the head and a hug. That is something good you can always depend upon. AP/vic

Farm Bus

What a pain. "violated" is the word. :rant: Sure hope it was factory, and they get laughed at when they try to fence it. You have my condolences; what a terrible feeling, regardless of the radio.

Happy

Sorry to see this. I would like to see this kind of thieving policed by snipers that exterminated them on the spot. Since
that is not practical...I have this information to offer about window smashing security.

I have a Honda Element laminated with ACE 300 series. http://www.usace.com
It's a lot of work to install and the cost was $1,000 USD (done by pros)

I was living in Southern California at the time. Although the laminate would stop a lot of smash and grabs, one month after I had it installed... I got hit by someone that
was able to remove the glass, probably by just beating on it with a big metal stick. Their first few blows apparently bounced off the glass and scratched the car. The laminate is strong enough that they had to push
the glass in and then pull it out. In most any other state I would think this made enough noise for people to notice and run the guy off, but, California, grrrrrrrrr, is not Texas. They got one bag which contained my roadside emergency kit.

That car had no alarm, with the Sprinter I am doing layered security, laminate+alarm, I am going to anchor the glass+laminate to the frame with structural adhesive so that the glass can't be removed. I haven't ruled out immobilizing the front side glass.

bikergar

Sorry to see this. I would like to see this kind of thieving policed by snipers that exterminated them on the spot. Since
that is not practical...I have this information to offer about window smashing security.

I have a Honda Element laminated with ACE 300 series. http://www.usace.com
It's a lot of work to install and the cost was $1,000 USD (done by pros)

I was living in Southern California at the time. Although the laminate would stop a lot of smash and grabs, one month after I had it installed... I got hit by someone that
was able to remove the glass, probably by just beating on it with a big metal stick. Their first few blows apparently bounced off the glass and scratched the car. The laminate is strong enough that they had to push
the glass in and then pull it out. In most any other state I would think this made enough noise for people to notice and run the guy off, but, California, grrrrrrrrr, is not Texas. They got one bag which contained my roadside emergency kit.

That car had no alarm, with the Sprinter I am doing layered security, laminate+alarm, I am going to anchor the glass+laminate to the frame with structural adhesive so that the glass can't be removed. I haven't ruled out immobilizing the front side glass.
Holy :turd:.....That is some tough stuff. We need to park close to that C-4 every night.

Kim's street had several break ins the other night. Smashed several windows and had their way with the contents. Her car was not locked and had nothing of value in it. The thieves went through it but took nothing and did no damage. I realize unloading our Sprinters of things of value every evening is not practical, but cars...maybe.

gary

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
Man, it hurts me just looking at that. Hope that they find the thieves, and also that your insurance takes care of your vehicle.

kendall69

OK time for a funny story.

My neighbor called me when I was on vacation and told me someone had broken into my truck and ransacked it and left it unlocked, but she had called the police and they did a report and took finger prints.

Well that pretty much ruined my vacation being sick over that event, When I arrived home I looked inside my truck and it was exactly as I had left it, seemingly untouched except for all the fingerprint dust everywhere.

As I sat in the truck I realized no one had broken into my "ransacked" truck because that is how my truck looks every day as my wife keeps screaming at me to clean it. We looked at each other an almost died laughing that the police had come out to do a police report on a filty truck filled with food wrappers, empty water bottles, rags, and on and on and on.

We never did tell the neighbor but thanked for keeping my vehicle safe, and calling the police. We both mused over how terrible those "crooks" were to leave my vehicle in that condition.

Well one good thing did come out of it, I cleaned the truck that week end and it served me right to have my vacation ruined over a filthy vehicle. :rad:

wmlog

Sorry about your loss - wait until they find out they need a code to activate the radio!

The bad news is . . . they stole the radio . . .

The good news is . . . they stole the radio!

Looks like it's time for an aftermarket unit . . .

Top Bottom