Clicking noise under driver seat when a/c is on. Engine is at idle.

I just installed a sterling 60amp b2b charger. The noise seems to have started at the same time. Battery voltage drops from 13.5 to 13.3 momentarily when the clicking noise starts.

I tied my ground for the charger into the van ground near the battery. Checked that first for bad connections and cleaned it up. But still getting the clicking noise when the ac is running. Any ideas?

2004 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also the clicking is about 15 secs apart and when I turn up the ac blower it seems to be spaced out much longer and even appears to go away at times.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Does the clicking cease of you raise the engine revs?

If so it is likely low voltage causing a relay to drop out.

Keith.

In park with a light rev it appears to persist. Need to take it for a drive. I took a highway drive and it seems to go away. On the highway I was seeing 13.2-13.6 volts with ac on low. If I cranked the ac to high the voltage went to 12.9-13. At idle with everything off at 800~ rpms I’m getting 13.5-13.6v. I placed the sterling charger in standby mode but no change in voltage. Is the voltage range to low when in idle and everything is off?

Last edited:
I called Sterling to see if they had any advice and the immediately wanted to swap my unit out for a newer one with upgraded hardware and software. I have the bb1260 with red tag at the top and they said the newer ones have green. I’m not sure if this is the problem but I’ll take a free upgrade. I’m wondering if I need to set the voltage setting on the sterling to activate when there is more present. Currently it is set at 13.5v

Top Bottom