AC leaking on passenger floor

hgpilot

I bought a new 2017 Crew van a few years ago and a few days ago the AC started leaking water on the passenger side floor. Not a ton, but enough to be concerned. I assume it's condensation from the AC and tried to see if there was a drain plug that may have gotten clogged but can't find where that is. Although I'm in the South it's not particularly that humid right now - had read that sometimes it can happen but eventually stops (not in my case). The only thing that's changed is I recently had a new radio installed - maybe the installer crimped a drain hose? Ideas / thoughts / suggestions?

JIB

I would suspect that your radio installer likely knocked the drain hose loose from the bottom of the A/C unit or pulled it off to obtain access and never put it back on. This happened in my son's Corolla during a cross country trip, WA to NY. As we got through the west and into the mid-west, all of a sudden, the back seat floor had an inch of water in it. It was a loose drain hose that was knocked off the A/C unit.

When I have an issue like this suddenly appear, I always ask "What did I touch last?"

Jack

Top Bottom