Sprinter losing complete power.

samuelsteven

I’ve got a 2014 Sprinter that I picked up about a month ago. I flew out to get it and drove it 12 hours home. There’s a few things that i need to fix on it, that we’re obvuous when i test drove it. One is the control arms, because the bushings on the left side are super squeaky when I turn the wheel or go over bumps. On the passenger side, it sounds like the strut is loose and banging up against the floor board. The wheel seems a little hard to turn when sitting still and sometimes when turning too, but power steering resovoir is full. Last the sliding door doesn’t grasp when opened so that it stays in place, I looked and saw that the spring was broke. That pulled the locking mechanism back. These are what I expected to have to fix and I’m ok with that.
What I didn’t expect is when I got all the way home with the van and turned it off, it seemed like it lost all power, like a complete dead battery, key wouldn’t turn, lights would t come on. Tried to jump it from under hood and still no power. Researched thru google and found out about the battery disconnect near the pedal. Pulled that off , put it back on and all power was back. Hadn’t given me any problems until recently.. it’s starting to do it once a day. I pull the disconnect and sometimes it takes about 20 minutes of sitting for it to give power back.. Anybidy know what could cause this? I was thinking maybe had something to do with the battery under the floor, or the battery isolator, but what could it be. I mean when the van finally gets power back, it’s a strong start, not like a dead battery at all.
Also, does anybody know if there are recalls on the power steering pump? Is it a standard pump or something special? It’s a 3500, what are some good aftermarket struts?

Top Bottom