SF1 & SF2 - electrically adjusted seats (comfort plus package)

PeterW

Would appreciate some input from anyone who has the electrically adjusted seats (comfort plus package), or better yet has seen both these and the manually adjustable comfort seats. It's $1500 CAD more to have them electrically adjusted vs. just getting heated seats. How are they / do they represent much of an upgrade? is the actual adjustability better?

They will be on factory swivels and be the main seating while camped (would regular electrical adjustments while camped for a week potentially start being a significant drain on the starter battery? no electrical knowledge, will have professional assistance for that part of the build :))

wquek

Work in progress
Is it possible to have the comfort plus package with the swivel seats? I was told it wasn’t compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dendisch

2019 VS30 144 HR 4x4
You can have comfort plus (X68) and swivel (X69) on a cargo van, but swivel is not available on a crew van, maybe that's where the incompatibility comes from?

81duck

any one know why? I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a crew with elec seat but wanna add swivel anyone done it?
For some crazy reason known only to MB you cannot get swivel seats on Crew vans. I love the electric seats. My girlfriend is short so whenever she drives we have to move the seat all the way to the front which you also have to do to swivel around. And its nice to have the height adjustment .

william gentle

thanks so much! seems like the alpine ones know they work, they sell the electric seat adapter which adds 1/2 inch to there 1/2 inch starting point so I guess 1 inch if you have electric they seem very helpful !

126v8

Mercedes electric seats are the bomb
You adjust it every which way-sit almost on the floor,up there,any angle.And heated too?
The combination with swivels I don’t know,but if you want comfy seats this is it

w15p

2019 144 HR 4x4
I have a cargo with the electric seats and swivels. All the controls are on the door - I hit them with my knee constantly on turns - stupidest design ever. Do they work? yes, but compared to the controls on my BMWs, they are crap.

Also, if you ever want a second row of seats -- HIGHLY recommend you go with a crew van so you have factory mounts. My biggest regret is going cargo.

erik.wahlstrom

On a crew, the second row is really close to the front seats. Swivel the seats and there’s basically zero leg room. I have a crew with the electric seats and have some alpine swivels coming. We’ll see how it goes.

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
Eric, did you install the Alpine swivels? How did it go? How much extra height did they give you, and was it a problem?

Thanks,

Philip

my_vw_sucks

On a crew, the second row is really close to the front seats. Swivel the seats and there’s basically zero leg room. I have a crew with the electric seats and have some alpine swivels coming. We’ll see how it goes.
0F7C9423-5748-44FA-95AE-6C97029F0436.jpeg
4806C777-17DA-42F0-94BC-981D02EBD456.jpeg
Here’s the distance between a factory swivel with comfort plus seats and a bench in the standard crew position. The front seat is as low and far back as the steering wheel will allow.

I can’t imagine that you’d be adjusting the seats much while camped. I pretty much set mine once after swiveled and that’s it. The thing that usually kills my battery camped is the auto sliding door.

Christian-

As far as range of motion goes - the electric seats have the same amount of adjustability as the manual ones. Electric seats do have memory, which is nice. They also come with lumbar and the head restraint height and seat cushion length are a bit longer.

IMO the Comfort Plus seats with electric adjustability are a big step up over the standard non-comfort seats.

The "Comfort Seat" option, which is the same seat base but manually adjusted comes down to preference.

Comfort Plus gives you electricity, heating, better seats, and a material upgrade. I think it's well worth it. The memory function stores the mirror adjustments also.

jrfogel

View attachment 160699
View attachment 160700
Here’s the distance between a factory swivel with comfort plus seats and a bench in the standard crew position. The front seat is as low and far back as the steering wheel will allow.

I can’t imagine that you’d be adjusting the seats much while camped. I pretty much set mine once after swiveled and that’s it. The thing that usually kills my battery camped is the auto sliding door.
I purchased a cargo with the factory swivel and comfort plus but it went straight to the shop for some conversion work and I haven't seen it yet. I've never been in a Sprinter with the factory swivel and came here hoping to find out how they move. These photos are super helpful! Thank you! Can you tell me, do they only lock in at a 180 deg turn or can you swivel it less than 180 and have it lock in place?

my_vw_sucks

Can you tell me, do they only lock in at a 180 deg turn or can you swivel it less than 180 and have it lock in place?
504BA8A0-57EB-4BC4-9108-036812685473.jpeg
They lock at 180* when swiveled towards the center and 45* when swiveled towards the door. 45* is a comfy spot to enjoy baseball tryouts on a sunny day.

owenfi

2020 Sprinter 2500 170 4x4
any one know why? I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a crew with elec seat but wanna add swivel anyone done it?
We added a Scopema swivel to the passenger side (still waiting on drivers to be shipped) with heat + power adjustable. At first we routed the wire up through bearing and under the seat track portion, but later we ran the wires a bit higher where the other wires seem to be. Haven't used it long term but seems to fit and work well.

One downside to power-seats is there's a little dance required to unbolt them if you're working under the seats for audio gear and have the door panels off in terms of sliding them forward/backward to be able to reach the bolts required for removal. Anyone know if there is a way to adjust them manually with no power?

Top Bottom