Can a dealer disable immobilizer?

Can it be done in a dealership? I am asking because my SKREEM module is bad. I need to bring in for T21 recall and if this can be done, I want to ask the dealer to disable so I can bypass SKREEM. Any thoughts?

Can it be done in a dealership? I am asking because my SKREEM module is bad. I need to bring in for T21 recall and if this can be done, I want to ask the dealer to disable so I can bypass SKREEM. Any thoughts?
A dealership can't disable the SKREEM immobilizer. To my knowledge there are no scan tools on the market that allow that change in programming. It is available through some aftermarket repair or "tuning" companies.

:cheers: vic

Last edited:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
SOS diagnostics can disable the SKREEM in the ECM/ECU programming. This will be erased by the T21 recall (if it works at all). As mentioned no dealer can legally remove the federally mandated anti-theft chip key system.

ClyneSnowtail

I can't find a federal law or regulation that requires a system like SKREEM.

NHTSA "encourages manufacturers to install passive anti-theft devices, like immobilizer systems, as standard equipment on their vehicles". But I doubt there is a "mandate" as such.
Yeah, I think if MB can't turn it off its a limitation of their dealer-level programming capabilities rather than any other reason. Mother MB might have reasons to prevent such widely available tools from turning off the antitheft.

Top Bottom