NCV3: 2006-2018 2018 170 Crew 4x4 Black - Pleasanton, CA - $88k

SteepVan

The van specs: 2018 170 Crew, ~5k miles (2 ski trips). Original owner.

I designed the van to be modular for hauling different types of equipment (ski, surf, camping) and varying amounts of people (2, 5, or 8 seat belts with factory OEM benches (1 or 2)).

The major components are from RB Components, Adventure Wagon.

For Pictures: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=513055766

The van has the Adventure Wagon interior conversion kit including the electrical harness, dual battery tray, L-track and soft bag storage. The MOAB bed would not work with the rear slider windows. After testing various bed systems, I elected to go with a sofa bench / conversion bed kit from RB Components. This system is very solid (ground supported), folds into a bench easily, and is comfortable.

Other highlights:
- Lizard skin insulation & sound proofing (If I had to do over again, I would definitely use the Lizard skin again. I don't know how much sound proofing benefit there really is.... but the cooling benefit feels significant.)
- Double panel insulated walls, floors, and ceiling (AW Install kit)
- BFG KO2 Tires 265/70/17
- Moto Metal wheels
- Aluminess Nerf bar & full light bar wrap
- Slimline roof rack (strong, modular, light weight... low profile... good length with one MaxxAir fan installed)
- RB Components ladder with reinforced support
- Adventure wagon interior kit and storage system (soft bag storage, L-track system, reinforced roof support for load bearing supporting)
- Swivel chair: passenger & driver seats
- (4) RB Components sliding windows - 2 on each side
- RB Components Sofa bench / convertible bed
- Touch screen stereo & upgraded speakers with Sub
- Insulated custom window shades (magnet hold)
- Removable 20 inch round table
- robust electrical system with solar inputs (450 AMP battery storage) that runs: diesel heater, fan, LED lights (interior & exterior), 1500 watt power inverter, and multiple outlets.

Why are we selling the van? Reason #1 - Since the van project started last summer we moved, the new house doesn't have as large of a flat driveway space. Reason #2 - my wife rarely drives the van and thus the van is 'mine' so I lose a lot more arguments. Admittedly, not great reasons to sell:). I built out the van with the intention to keep it for the long-haul. I generally bought the highest quality components (a few exceptions- the LED Light bar, for example) and went on the high side sizing on electrical. There were install mistakes or things that didn't fit as expected. Fortunately, all the install imperfections are minor or fixed. I do still have things I want to do... happy to discuss in more depth or send more detailed pictures for serious inquiries.

Thanks.

Top Bottom