No Interior Lights/Nav? and some code questions

doublezero

So I went to change out the bulbs in the interior domes today. 1 in the cab and 3 in the cargo area. Seems like none of them work? I am guessing there is an electrical issue here? Is there anything that is common to look for?

I looked at codes today using TorquePro and I have about 20 body/chassis codes that are grey so not cel worthy. (could be one pointing me to the lights not working?)
as well a couple historic faults ( B2AAA, P2201, and P229F) the 2 current faults are P0336 and P261F.

The Crankshaft code I see a lot with the 6.0L when it hasn't started properly or long cranks. So I don't think this is a worry??

The P261F worries me after doing a little reading, and knowing that I have a high mile engine.

None of these show a CEL.. so preventative measure should be taken maybe?

I also have an issue with the NAV not working. I have tried removing and reinstalling the module.. but I noticed there is no SD card in the unit. This must be my issue?? I did read somewhere that the no interior light and the Nav module could be connected?

EDIT: Sorry its a 2014 I4.. just updated signature

Last edited:

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
No interior lights is more likely than not , a blown fuse.
Did you check them all in both fuseboxes for ohm resistance ?

doublezero

After a little digging, the fuse for the interior lights was in fact blown. There is also a jumper installed with a power wire for the glovebox light. So I guess that was an issue at some point. I guess I am fine with this... however I don't seem to have indicators from the door switch. No warning of leaving lights on, no interior light when doors open etc..

Hopefully this has been unhooked rather than an electrical issue.. Looking through fuse diagrams now..

autostaretx

Erratic Member
So I went to change out the bulbs in the interior domes today. 1 in the cab and 3 in the cargo area. Seems like none of them work? I am guessing there is an electrical issue here? Is there anything that is common to look for?
If you have a cargo model, the interior light switches can contact the body metal if you're not *really careful* about inserting the lamp units in their holes.
That can short out the light circuit (preventing illumination) and sometimes (due to wire resistance) NOT blow the fuse.

EDIT: Sorry its a 2014 I4.. just updated signature
I'm not seeing a signature block appearing under your post. (you should be seeing 4 lines of text in my block)

--dick

Top Bottom