2018 Sprinter crew floor insulation

Rpdoyle

Hey y'll. I have 2018 crew van that I've installed the Adventure wagon interior kit into. I'm looking to insulate under the floor. I'd like to make sure I can keep the factory floor as the tolerances are pretty tight with the new interior panels. I'm wondering what I can fit under it and still get it back into it's original position.

My initial thought is to coat it with a dynamat product and then lay down thinsulate: https://adventurewagon.com/collections/all-products/products/white-thinsulate-for-diy-floor

thoughts?

Onefin

Why not ask adventure wagon for advice and examples of what has worked for them and their clients in the past?
They certainly have way more experience with the integration of various floors and their kit than the few people on here that have experience with the ADwagon Kit?

That said, Grant Wilson just did a van with the ADwagon kit, a lifeproof floor and possibly thinsulate....it’s Called the Everyman van....maybe ask him how it went and how thick of a subfloor he used, etc..

Rpdoyle

I reached out to them and they mentioned they will have floor kit available in a couple of weeks so that's likely the route I'll go.

hein

Van Guru
We stock 3M Thinsulate(TM) AU4002-5 for insulating under the floor. Our prices are very competitive and we ship daily. Please contact Kim (541 490 4292) to order and it will go out tomorrow. (today if needed sooner) I can advise you on the super easy installation process and I have my phone handy 24/7. A text will help if I can't answer right away.

All the best,
Hein
541 490 5098
DIYvan

Photo below of Thinsulate(TM) AU4002-5 under the 9mm Okoume plywood floor in our Transit. This van is thoroughly insulated with Thinsulate(TM) SM600L, SM400L and AU4005-2 and amazingly quiet to drive. There is no need for Dynamat so save your money, effort and reduce the weight of your van as well.

P.S. We also have a minicell floor insulation package which only raises the OEM floor about 3/16" over the stock height. We have been using minicell for years and it works very well. It's a little more work to install but equally effective.

Last edited:

Top Bottom