deposit amount

RickW

Hi All
What is the usual deposit on a special build asked by your dealer
mine is asking for $15,000, which i think is a bit much
Rick

downunder

Mine asked for and was given 5k Rick.
Had I not been 'well known' to them via a previous purchase and servicing I remember a suggestion of about 10k+.
It probably helped that the dealer sales manager knew that I had it in my mind for about 6 years.....
I guess it's still easy for them to get a 'fall over' to the sale for any reason, and then later find the special order van hard to shift, without losing some money?

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
My San Diego dealer only asked for $2000 which was 100% refundable if I backed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dynaco1

The first two I ordered required $0 deposit. For my most recent 2019 order, dealer requested $2k and counter-offered $1k.

If you order unusual options, I would imagine the dealer might get nervous about being stuck with an oddball unit.

For instance, Window Prep Package F03 with W94 (cutouts for windows all-around but no glass and temporary plastic wrap to cover cutouts in transit). I saw two 2018's ordered with this option for sale at dealers after customers backed-out and left the dealer holding a van requiring eight aftermarket windows.

Last edited:

RickW

yeah, im hearing everyone
thing is i am very well know to the dealer and the dealership
owned 6 past sprinters [2 at the moment] and have been asking about the new model for 2 years!
so i think the $15,000 is a bit rich
will do my best to make it a reasonable $5000

surferJ

My 2019 should be getting built about now in Germany. Then via 2 outfitters before I’ll be seeing it sometime in July. The French dealer for the first outfitter is the organizer and I had to put down 10K. Combined percentage of total price and known history of outfitter had me felling it was fair.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
I special ordered mine thru Look Larson MB in Fife, Wa... $2K deposit was what they asked for, took 6 months from order date to delivery...

Top Bottom