recirculate button

xfordfan

light comes on, yet i cant hear the damper shut anymore. not sure its working? remember some time ago talk of a vacuum modulator? thanks in advance.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
light comes on, yet i cant hear the damper shut anymore. not sure its working? remember some time ago talk of a vacuum modulator? thanks in advance.
The recycle switch in the face of the ATC module operates a solenoid (integrated into the recycle flap actuator) which opens a vacuum port. Vacuum from the engine mounted pump (stored in an accumulator) then pulls the actuator shaft, moving the recycle door to the closed position.

A spring moves the door to the default outside air position if failure occurs. DRBIII makes remote actuation and diagnostics of the components easier. Doktor A

maxzoom

2006 T1N 118" + 2006 T1N 140" + 2005 T1N 118"
To test if it is working or not... drive down the road at 30 mph or more. turn fan speed to zero. open those two top vents by the radio and feel outside air coming in. press recirculating button. if it is working outside air will quickly stop coming in.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
You can do a visual check too: ignition on, peer down the air intake under the bonnet, observe the flap open and closed according to switch position.

H

High Speed Service

The control arm on my door has completely broke off and was lost. The door just dangles freely now. Dodge's counter monkey says $1100 for a new unit. Has anyone replaced just the broken door before? Any insight is appreciated, my searches have turned up nill.

larry8061

I am glad this thread came back! A: what Andy knows is mind boggling and B: Counter Monkey eh? That would be the affirming counter monkey? I needed a good chuckle tonight - THANKS!

Larry

Since you brought up monkey's......... this is a stretch.......... there is the 100 monkey theory (really) it is predicated on a group of monkey's I believe in Indoniesia or the Phillipines. Anyhow a monkey washed his food and it tasted better then a second monkey saw that and did the same.........until all the monkeys on that island wer washing their food....... that created such a 'field" that the information "jumped" to the next island (referring to the 100 monkey theory) and then those monkey's were washing their food! So.......... if we could get at least 100 Sprinter counter monkey's to remove their heads from their butts maybe the information would spread and we could actually get information and parts! NAH!:crazy:

Bob of QF

The control arm on my door has completely broke off and was lost. The door just dangles freely now. Dodge's counter monkey says $1100 for a new unit. Has anyone replaced just the broken door before? Any insight is appreciated, my searches have turned up nill.
If you have photos of the original, how hard could it be to fab up a new one out of aluminum or steel bar stock?

I have no idea myself (re Sprinters), but I've done exactly that a time or three with OEM plastic arms on various actuator doors on other vehicles, that have failed due to age.

Top Bottom