Finland is so expensive, but needs must!

Mickyfin

Just had a quote for power coating my four OEM 16" alloys in gloss black. €350 euros, €87,50 per alloy, ouch!

When I lived in the UK, I used to pay around £30 per alloy with my local powder coating company..

:idunno:

Mickyfin

Thats the thing, it's the only shop in my small town in central Finland. I think I will see if ny of the surrounding areas have powder coating shops, and ask them for a quote. Good idea about asking for price on eight and being able to help someone else.

Mickyfin

Its possibility, and I'm not in mad rush in getting it done, so this is something I will consider, especially as I'm early on with my conversion.

lindenengineering

Well nothing to do with vehicles.
But a possible example or illustration perhaps.

In short my " Ex" of 30 years (thanks to God who said charge more often than Custer ever said it):laughing: gave my eldest son's fiance her never used mink fur coat style jacket. (a gift from me made by a prestigious UK Furrier --No less the HM Queen's Appointee when we were first wed.)

Going back to the UK after last Thanksgiving with my son they approached the same UK furrier to alter the garment to fit her since she is a petite Latvian .;
The estimate started at $750 quid rising to as much as 2000 or about $3700.

During the Christmas break in Riga, a Latvian furrier altered the jacket for $175!
When she came back for my eldest daughter's wedding she was wearing the coat expertly altered --I said "looks good on you my love"!:thumbup::thumbup:
Now you can show off your prestigious fashion coat against all those snooty & snobby Russian babes who come to Latvia to shop!! :thumbup:
All the best
Dennis

Mickyfin

I've managed to find another shop on the edge of town, I will give them a call on Monday for a quote and update you all on the difference.

Top Bottom