Interior cab dome lights

brassmonkey001

UK 2008 NCV3 518 CDI
Where is the door switch located that triggers the interior dome light/door open warning light?
I don't have a dome light in mine yet but the buzzer comes on when I open the door with the lights on and the Door Open warning light comes up on the dash.
I intend to put some kind of courtesy lights in and could do with knowing where the switch lives.

Mickyfin

I'm interested in knowing this too as currently my interior light will only come on when I switch the toggle switch to on. When I open the door, it doesn't turn on, but I suspect this is related to me removing the cargo area rear lamp above the two rear doors.?

F2ca170

So in today's world, the door switches feed the BCM (Body Control Module) and in turn the BCM sends a output to the light (or in some cases sends a data message on the Can-bus to another module that powers the output to the lights). No more tapping into the door switches to get a good ole' switched ground that can handle a good amount of current (amps).

So be careful tapping into switches and other wiring for add-on items, as this might adversely affect your van and it's computer modules. These modules are all talking to each other on the Van's Can-bus much are like Programmable Logic Controllers that have been around for many years in industrial automation.

I'm not completely sure.... but I thought I had read somewhere that the door switches on an NCV3 are proximity switches, and not a plunger type of mechanical switch. Yet either way, it's a low level signal, and not the voltage or ground you would wish to use.

Last edited:

brassmonkey001

UK 2008 NCV3 518 CDI
So if my van has no dome light (missing), puddle lights (possibly not fitted from factory) and no glove box light (bulb missing, not tested yet), how easily can I retrofit these items?

Top Bottom