Door Lock button on dash not working but FOB does ?

ktthomas

Hello,

I just purchased a 2006 Winnebago View on a Dodge Sprinter chasis. I realize there is a RV section on this site but there seems to be more discussion on door lock issues here. However, I have not found an answer to my issue. And I assume it may be self-inflicted as I recently had the front of the dash apart. :( So my FOB works as it should, locking and unlocking. However, the button on the dash does not function. It does not illuminate at all unless I hit the up or down button. And then the only thing it does is illuminate BOTH arrows when either button is depressed. When you release the arrows go out.
I recently took the front of the dash apart to work on the HVAC controls. When I put it back together it was not working. I did unplug this switch to remove the panel. I also unplugged the ASR switch but it seems to be working correctly. I did not notice anything wrong with either switch, unplugging or re-plugging.

Keith

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
I seem to recall someone posting a fair while ago with a similar problem and the final answer was that the plugs on the door lock and ASR switches are identical and he had them reversed.

Could you first check if they fit either switch and then if yes try swapping them over or identifying wire colours against a wiring diagram (use the link below to get a wiring diagram if needed).

Keith.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
+1 ^^^

As a quick check I’m pretty certain that the ASR plug will have fewer wires...
They are both momentary switches, but if your ASR switch toggles the /!\ lamp on the cluster you need to look elsewhere. Did the connector go in backwards? (it’s keyed to resist that, but stuff breaks...)

-dave

Last edited:

ktthomas

Thanks for the speedy reply guys. :)

So I just verified that they are plugged correctly. I unplugged the Door lock switch and re-plugged it to make sure it only goes in one way and it does. Oddly enough, now only the passenger arrow illuminates when I press either button. It did illuminate both. But still does not function the locks. I'm wondering if the switch was on the verge and I irritated it enough to finally fail ? Would this be a good place to start looking since the FOB is functioning correctly ?

Keith

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The door lock switch has six wires ... two for the triangular 'tally' lights, two for the two switch-halves, one for ground and one for "dash lights".

DoorLockSwitchDash.jpg

When it's unplugged, can you just use a scrap of wire to "press" the switch wires (to ground) to see if they work properly?

It could be that the switch's ground connection is faulty, or that the intermediate "C200" connector is loose.
Note that both "G203" and C200 are behind the instrument display.

C200locator.png

--dick
refs: 2006 service manual: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2006-VA-SM.pdf

Last edited:

ktthomas

Thanks again,

Awesome info.

I was able to verify that the door locks work on both sides when I cross the ground to the switch wires. I did it multiple times with 100% reliability. I assume this switch died on me or its corroded. I'll check into it further tomorrow as its getting dark out and post what I find.

Thanks,
Keith

ktthomas

Just thought I'd post a follow up. It was a faulty switch on the dash. Replaced it today and everything is working good. Thanks a bunch.

Keith

Top Bottom