HVAC issue/misunderstanding

j12

Hi guys, recently got a 2011 144" high top with the factory rear air condition. From what I understand the roof system is for air conditioning only. When I turn my rear temp to the coldest setting and turn the rear fan on to three red bars I don't feel or hear the fan running. Is there a blower motor fuse or anything else I should check first before I start taking it apart?

And from what I understand if I turn the fan to the highest setting but with heat there should be a blower motor behind the driver's seat that blows warm air into the passenger compartment correct?

One last question regarding the switch to the left of my steering wheel. It looks like I only have the heater booster option based on my VIN so it will only work if the engine is on and below 39F. And I turn this function on by holding the button up. My question is what will holding it down do?

Thank you!

j12

I checked all the fuses under the driver's seat and all the fuses next to the obd2 port and all are good. Next i'll pull out each heat and AC blower and see if there's power getting to it. Anything else I should check? Also is it correct that there are two separate AC compressors for vehicles with the rooftop AC unit?

Top Bottom