CODE P0380 EGR redlight

williekessel

hey All,

Bought a 2005 Sprinter 2500 Hightop.
doing some maintenance and have a few things I'm not sure on.

Have a p0380 code popping up and a EGR red light also pops up on the computer readout.

I'm getting mixed results online with that code. " complete wiring harness and or Glow Plug Relay "

I'm also experiencing a power loose at speed....
IE - going 65mph on the freeway and the power seems to drop out even with my foot to the floor.
It has a rebuilt turbo...it doesn't seem like its a turbo lag, being it isn't all the time...really just seems to happen at random.

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thank you!

hey All,

Have a p0380 code popping up and a EGR red light also pops up on the computer readout.

I'm getting mixed results online with that code. " complete wiring harness and or Glow Plug Relay "

IE - going 65mph on the freeway and the power seems to drop out even with my foot to the floor.
It has a rebuilt turbo...it doesn't seem like its a turbo lag, being it isn't all the time...really just seems to happen at random.

What is your question?

lindenengineering

hey All,

Your quoted code is for glow plug circuitry A.
A fault of this nature will NOT affect driveability. Starting when cold maybe !
If you are experiencing a no code driveability fault then I suggest you get someone to do a scan in live data when driving to re-create the fault scenarios .
Taking into account the ambient air temp, the intake air temp , the MAF sensor, the boost pressure regulator , the boost pressure sensor & boost temp sensor all working together in consort to influence the EGR valve.
Dennis

Last edited:

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
+1 to Dennis’ advice...
Your “EGR red light” hints at an open monitor, which is an emissions thing, but check the manual for your scanner to be sure.

-dave

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Common LHM causes with no codes include:
Bad sensor or intermittent short/open: MAF, MAP, Intake air temp, ambient air temp
Boost leak from the intercooler hoses, turbo outlet resonator, etc.
Wiring harness chafing near the fuel filter (normally sets a code though).

Live data will often spot these. But check the turbo and intercooler hoses for oil residue/leaks.

Top Bottom