reman. engine ---> check engine light?!

nbertulis

Hi folks, I threw a rod on my 05' t1n and had a remanufactured engine put in by some mechanics outside of LA, immediately the check engine light came on and it hadn't been on before the install. The mechanics say they didn't know what to do. It ran great so I shrugged my shoulders and headed back to Oakland, my hometown. It's been running great with one major problem, I can't pass smog with the check engine light on. The only OBDII code is the P0101, the MAF sensor which we replaced and checked every possible concern to no avail.
Any possible insight to resolve this wicked puzzle most appreciated.

Stumped,

Nik

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Wiring can get pinched/damaged, or ... if they're using a not-deep-enough scanner, they may not be seeing the "real" problem.

What did they use as a scanner?

--dick

Hi folks, I threw a rod on my 05' t1n and had a remanufactured engine put in by some mechanics outside of LA, immediately the check engine light came on and it hadn't been on before the install. The mechanics say they didn't know what to do.

Any possible insight to resolve this wicked puzzle most appreciated.

Stumped,

Nik
I bolded the problem area.

In the year 2019, if someone calls themselves a "mechanic", they probably aren't. Vehicle repair technicians are called "technicians", or "techs" for short.

You're going to need to find a competent Sprinter technician to diagnose your Complaint.

Top Bottom