2013 remote problem

Mike5999

Hello forum!
My 2013 170 ext. has been having a weird problem with the door locks. It wont unlock with the remote but it will unlock with the buttons on the center console. The remote has new batteries and it does flash red when i click on it. I looked up on the forum how to reset it but I cannot seem to find it for the NCV3’s. I looked a the fuse diagram via owners manual and I assume keyless entry is power locks? And it’s attached to something with the scr? The remote used to work to lock and unlock but i don’t know what happened. All doors open and they all open and lock. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The only known issue is that if you press the buttons 256 or more times without the Sprinter "hearing" it, it will no longer recognize that fob.

Given that that's probably unlikely, it's either that it's not really transmitting (despite the light) or that the Sprinter has "forgotten" that fob.

At which point it's a job for the dealer or for SOS Diagnostics.

Do you only have one remote key?

--dick

Mike5999

The only known issue is that if you press the buttons 256 or more times without the Sprinter "hearing" it, it will no longer recognize that fob.

Given that that's probably unlikely, it's either that it's not really transmitting (despite the light) or that the Sprinter has "forgotten" that fob.

At which point it's a job for the dealer or for SOS Diagnostics.

Do you only have one remote key?

--dick
Yeah unfortunately i only bought the van with one key. I bought the van with 7k miles 6 months old so I’ve had it most of its life. I have another ignition key but no remote. Thanks for the information!

Top Bottom