Redline RL-2 Winterized vs. Redline 85+

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Has anyone tried the Redline RL-2 Winterized version and the 85+? Any pros or cons? Your thoughts? :thinking:
Both are esentially the same as to Red-line changing over the years from RL-200 sunner to RL-3000 RL 85+ is a mean one \with the extra cetane.
Take a look at these threads Time put additives in the fuel Fuel additives, been using
I'm still using RL-2-3000 Summer over four years the van has been faultless zero engine problems
Richard

cajundjb

Thanks, Richard. I checked all the truck stops and auto parts houses within a 40 mile range of home and couldn't find any Redline RL-2 so I checked online and found that RL-2 winter blend yesterday. Apparently it treats 300 gallons like the summer blend for about a dollar more than the same size bottle (15 oz.) of 85+ that treats only 25 gallons of diesel. I did do a search on this forum for fuel additives but either didn't see that thread or just glanced over it too quickly because most of it was almost 2 years old. I thought with the NCV3's having been around a bit longer now than when that was posted, maybe we learned more in that timespan. Also, I had not noticed anything that referred to the winter blend of the RL-2 so it could have been something fairly new. I ordered some of that winter blend this morning - I'll report on it when the cooler temps get here. :cheers:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Thanks, Richard. I checked all the truck stops and auto parts houses within a 40 mile range of home and couldn't find any Redline RL-2 so I checked on-line and found that RL-2 winter blend yesterday. Apparently it treats 300 gallons like the summer blend for about a dollar more than the same size bottle (15 oz.) of 85+ that treats only 25 gallons of diesel. I did do a search on this forum for fuel additives but either didn't see that thread or just glanced over it too quickly because most of it was almost 2 years old. I thought with the NCV3's having been around a bit longer now than when that was posted, maybe we learned more in that timespan. Also, I had not noticed anything that referred to the winter blend of the RL-2 so it could have been something fairly new. I ordered some of that winter blend this morning - I'll report on it when the cooler temps get here. :cheers:
It's a problem for me remembering where the archive threads are, but this time the search tool gave me the three links I was looking for.
I know the red-line is not that easy for you guys to find and we always get replies for alternative products.
All I can say is I have yet to find one that is not alchemy type alcohol based, Red-line has the best lubrication, slow to react gentle on removing and neutralizing carbon build up. But I have said it before. so do your own thing as I know just how well the product performed on my van; as my aviator says one happy little Vegemite.:bounce:

Top Bottom