Getting ready to replace driver side brake lines help

I've read Vic's excellent thread on replacing the brake lines with pre-made lengths of euro lines that look like the Poly Armour Metal lines I can buy locally at my auto parts store. As I'm still a novice with most of these repair attempts I wanted to make sure that I understand the steps to run the lines around the gas tank. I'll be working outside under the van in upstate NY so that alone will be a challenge with the recent arrival of winter here.

So...remove the old lines and replace with the pre-made ones which means that I will have to make bends in the lines to make the move around the gas tank. Are there any pictures anywhere that show how this was done? I'm planning on getting a simple line bender tool to help with the process and some extra clips to secure the lines once they're run. I'm hoping that I can get some kind of visual as to how that's done. In Vic's thread he used one 72" line and one 60" line for the driver's side work. Were these lengths all that were needed to make the connections all the way from front to back? If that's the case I'm hoping that the hard part is going to be making the bends in a way that keeps the lines up, away and secure and also getting the right total length to make connections.

This forum has been a life saver so far as this van was bought knowing that it would crank but not start. With the great knowledge at this site it now starts...even when I just tried it after sitting in below zero temps for a few days. There's still a lot of work to be done as the van has been sitting for a long time before this and it's been ignored from a maintenance point of view. I'll continue to visit here often and really appreciate the advice from the experts. Here's to you :cheers:.

Top Bottom