Blue exhaust smoke/oil leak investigation

stijnl

Hello,

I'm having trouble finding the cause of my oil leak problem which is causing blue exhaust smoke on acceleration. There is oil in the intake manifold but I read that this can be the result of the oil breather. My next step is to measure live data and to look at the boost pressure in the intake manifold. I was wondering if the turbo was leaking oil would this give lower boost pressure conditions ? and what is the normal range of boost pressure? is it the same for the 4 cylinder OM611 model and the 5 cylinder model?

Thanks,

Stijn Lenaerts

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Hello,

... and what is the normal range of boost pressure? is it the same for the 4 cylinder OM611 model and the 5 cylinder model?

Thanks,

Stijn Lenaerts
Hi Stijn,

I'm not sure if the turbo leaking oil would cause your loss of boost pressure but somehow doubt it.

And as for your Boost pressure, well I actually monitor Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) which is Boost pressure plus Atmospheric pressure and the max I see in my 313CDi is usually around 31 to 32 psi. This would be approx 16 or 17 psi of Boost. I believe the five cylinder sees higher boost as it is a more powerful engine.

Keith.

Top Bottom