8 door sprinter?

Eric Experience

Fellow Australians, Tonight on the ABC news there was an article about a person leaving a court, The picture showed a sprinter that appeared to have a second passenger door like a dual cab but was a van with a normal sliding door also. Did anyone else see the vehicle or was I just imagining it? Eric.

Eric Experience

I found more pictures of this Sprinter. It has 2 hinged doors plus a sliding door on the pasenger side. The drivers side just has the normal hinged door only. Disapointing, I thought a van with 4 hinged doors at the front plus 2 sliding doors would be perfect for my family runabout. Eric

Eric Experience

Richard.
No it is a factory door from the twin cab, it is a factory job or an extremely professional refit. Not some junk work by a motor home builder.
The vehicle is used to carry high security crims, probably with the guards in the second seats and the crim in through the sliding door. If it had the extra doors on both sides it would be the best vehicle ever built for a family tourer. You could make one by getting a twin cab and a shorty van and welding them together. Eric.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Yep I know the one you mean Swat down under in Tas has one it's the same door as the second photo the inside of the van is a self contained compartment to keep the scrims out of the the rest of the van, a box within a box.
Richard

Eric Experience

Richard .
No its not. that vehicle in the photo is a factory passenger bus. For the third time, I tell you the unit I spotted has the door from a duelcab. Eric.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Richard .
No its not. that vehicle in the photo is a factory passenger bus. For the third time, I tell you the unit I spotted has the door from a duelcab. Eric.
Yes I understand you move to add an additional support frame and add the crew cab door or place an altered door skin on to match the profile. there are two in Queensland but the skin is a tad wider than the standard crew cab rear door.
if I could find the dam location on the swat door I'd show it, sorry just can't locate it on police files as to the thousands of photos they have, the last time I saw it was in Canberra when all of the worlds big knobs flew in for the Asian conference.
Richard

Top Bottom