side door won't unlock

tcaron20

Just bought a new Roadtrek short Sprinter and sometimes the side door acts like it is still locked when it is unloacked. Won't open from inside or outside. After sitting for a while is acts normal and opens.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
Lock issue or latch issue?

I'd start by cleaning the electrical contacts on both the slider and the chassis. A simple rag with some wd-40 should do it. I've had success by just wiping with a dry rag too. While you're at it clean the rears too...they're next:smilewink:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
What model Roadtrek, T1N or NCV3?

Not that it matters, but as mentioned, clean the door contacts.

tcaron20

Sorry, I'm not sure what it is but I would like to know.

It's a 2008 short sprinter. One side door on passenger side. Does that help?

Thanks

avid

Saphira's rider
Just bought a new Roadtrek short Sprinter and sometimes the side door acts like it is still locked when it is unloacked. Won't open from inside or outside. After sitting for a while is acts normal and opens.

Any ideas?

Thanks
My experience says that the locking system gets out of sync. I lock then unlock and re-lock, etc. until things get organized. The other trick that works when the first method fails is to use a key to lock or unlock. Works like magic for me.

GAMacky

And how are you lock/unlock the door? using the key fob? using the lock/unlock button on the dash? or pulling/pushing the lock stick on the door?

avid

Saphira's rider
And how are you lock/unlock the door? using the key fob? using the lock/unlock button on the dash? or pulling/pushing the lock stick on the door?
I use a combination of the key fob (in my experience the least reliable) then dash button (more reliable) and when things are really scrambled my wife reminds me to use the actual key (the miracle solution). I should be more methodical about my methodology but the "out of sync" has only happened a half dozen times and never occurs in the driveway or an RV park when I could take the time to be rational in my approach. Instead it always happens in a parking lot or on the street when the rig needs to be secured and we are in a hurry. Next time it happens I will pay attention to how I pissed off the door locking mechanism and what I did to placate it. :smilewink:

tcaron20

I only have a key option on the drivers door on my Sprinter based Roadtrek SS-Agile.

It seems to "mess up" when I manually lift the lock on teh door to get out. Since I stopped ding that it seems to work.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The "out of sync" thing seems to be the issue.

Tom C.

Top Bottom