Low beam problems

Spydoy

Hey Everyone-
I have a 2016 Sprinter 2500 Cargo Van. This is my first problem and my first attempt to get some advice as a new member
I hope this is the way to do it!
My drivers side low beam was out so I replaced it : but no light!
Turned out there was nothing wrong with the old bulb.
I don’t see any “Headlight” fuse/fuses and I’ve read my ‘Fuse Allocation Supplement’ a few times already. Are there fuses/ relays for the left and right sides??
What’s the usual fix? Or the next step?
This must be a common problem but after reading some of the other forums I didn’t see any concrete definitive answers
Can someone advise me here ? Or direct me to a post with the information I need, I would really appreciate it!!

Last edited:

fireflyer

BslloonMan
Hey Everyone-
I have a 2016 Sprinter 2500 Cargo Van. This is my first problem and my first attempt to get some advice as a new member
I hope this is the way to do it!
My drivers side low beam was out so I replaced it : but no light!
Turned out there was nothing wrong with the old bulb.
I don’t see any “Headlight” fuse/fuses and I’ve read my ‘Fuse Allocation Supplement’ a few times already. Are there fuses/ relays for the left and right sides??
What’s the usual fix? Or the next step?
This must be a common problem but after reading some of the other forums I didn’t see any concrete definitive answers
Can someone advise me here ? Or direct me to a post with the information I need, I would really appreciate it!!
I have the same problem, did you fix yours?

borabora

I have the same problem, did you fix yours?
Spydog hasn't logged in for 4 years so you'll probably not hear from him/her.
Have you checked the ground connection -- sometimes those go bad. Otherwise the headlight is directly powered by the BCM (Body Control Module). The BCM connectors are in the driver footwell above the fuses. First thing would be to unplug the appropriate connector X1, X2 or X3 and then reseat it. the correct connector is the once that has the correct headlight wire color. It is very easy to not incorrectly reseat the connector, so do it carefully. Good luck.

Top Bottom