Hail Damage Repair to 2006 2500 T1N/Roadtrek RS Adventurous

alan_f

2006 Roadtrek RS
I'm trying to find an appropriate plan of attack for repairing hail damage to our Roadtrek RS Adventurous and looking for some advise. Insurance has authorized a roof replacement, but when working with the local Roadtrek dealer for an estimate, they want an additional 150 hours to remove the entire interior before the roof work. I understand some of the interior needs to be removed, but that seems excessive as the lower cabinets where most of the plumbing, wiring, etc. is should be able to remain in place. In any case, I'm concerned that in the process something won't get put back right or get broken.

I'm not too concerned about the dents on the roof anyway, being 9 feet up it's not very visible, but am concerned about it affecting resale value when the time comes. They'll be a little more visible when it's repainted, but could be repaired without a complete new roof with reasonable results.

I am concerned about the roof seams, at least one of which started a slow leak after the damage. A bead of caulk fixed it temporarily. Is Sikaflex going to be a permanent solution or does it need to be welded? I was thinking it was a fully-welded seam, but after reading another recent thread about repairing a leaking seam, it sounds like it was just spot-welded with sealant to begin with.

Opinions? What would you do?

Also, any recommendations for body shops or RV shops in the Denver, CO area would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

kansascitysprinters

t1n everything
Hmm, for me I think I'd be likely to leave it alone as it's up where most people can't see. But I get the resale thought, I don't think hail damage is really that great of a deterrent for resale value. I once had a Subaru with moderate hail damage, and I resold it for almost what is was worth. I'd do the math on the cost to fix vs the hit you'll take on resale. Could always fix it later as well.

I'd personally be okay with silka flex fix on that seam if I was confident I did it right.

Top Bottom