31 mpg (Imperial gallon?) for new Sprinter

shanemac

Sounds all good but no mention i can find for a 6 or 7 speed transmission:cry: not that i will be replacing my sprinter anytime soon.:rad:

david_42

The Sprinter has long been available, in some countries, with a 4-cylinder that turned out higher fuel economy. The real news is that this engine is Euro 5 emissions AND gets great mileage.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
four potter they all ready do 31 MPG plus but the mileage will be an improvement around town
six speed manual transmission.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Tins on an economy run will go way past 33 U.S per gallon some members made it mine does it all the time 4 cylinder on the midland highway.
but a potential 30% fuel saving on the new 4 pots will be a benchmark for the Euro V engines, especially with the 316 Gas NGT models.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
NCV LNG models engine number designation GAS
U.S Bound late 2010-11 Mobil Exxon is building the refinery. in the USA
Richard
The New Sprinter NGT (Custom).jpg

3.jpg

kmessinger

The Sprinter has long been available, in some countries, with a 4-cylinder that turned out higher fuel economy. The real news is that this engine is Euro 5 emissions AND gets great mileage.
I think the news is also in the higher torque. The old 4 cylinder most likely would not appeal to many US drivers. We want power. POWER! MORE POWER! Damn the cost. I want to go faster than my neighbor. Or maybe, now it is be greener than my neighbor. But not for me! I pretend to be green but I really want my old Olds back with the 2 4 barrels and a bench seat so the girl could sit right next to you . . . . . . . sorry I digress. A senior moment.

Glasseye:What's the big deal? 24 mpg US = about 29 mpg UK. Don't most T1Ns get at least 24?
The big deal is we are talking about new Sprinters, not those ancient old antique-e T1Ns . . . . . . .opps, no insult to T1N owners. True pioneers all.

Regards,

Keith

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Read the article carefully the reporter did not understand what he was actually witting about must have been A,erican:thinking:
Richard

shanemac

Getting that MPG there must be that engine idle deactivation feature slipped in there too:shifty:(can't recall the exact term only on manual trans i think) GM's cylinder deactivation seems like a good gas saver feature for highway. You guys over seas get all the cool stuff:bow:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Trust me you will get them but latter, and latter, is better than never.
Just be patient:drool:
Yes I want power, and still run my tri-carb ram air 396.. after dark :shhh:My brain refused to grow up, but I did live to tell the tale:lol:
I think:thinking:

surlyoldbill

Out of the 6 cars we have, the Sprinter probably gets the best mpg, and gets the most mileage put on it. I really can't see having anything other than a Sprinter or Sprinter-like van in the future. Since I'm in the States, I'm looking at limited availability for these euro-vans in the future. I'm hoping Ford will decide to sell the full size Transit in the USA by the time I need to replace my 2003. Of course, I'll have to move out of CA which will start demanding smog tests for diesels in 2010, but I really CAN'T WAIT to get out of Cali, so that will just be another straw on the camel's back.

Other cars: 2007 Mazda-3 wagon, 1963 Corvair Greenbrier, 1963 Corvair Monza convertible, 1961 Corvair Rampside, 1961 Nash Metropolitan.

Sprinter mpg: 22 average mixed driving, 25 on hiway trips keeping it below 60mph. Rated mpg is 26 hiway. Ford Transit is rated at 32mpg hiway.

shanemac

Good thing the transit looks more eye appealing than that fiat monster....speaking of the transit connect I'm seeing online there in the 25 thousand range and up Canadian sure seems like a lot of coin for a small unit..but then again my sprinter is a small mortgage payment:cry:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Good thing the transit looks more eye appealing than that fiat monster....speaking of the transit connect I'm seeing online there in the 25 thousand range and up Canadian sure seems like a lot of coin for a small unit..but then again my sprinter is a small mortgage payment:cry:
That's why I live in mine.... well that and I can't afford a house in Vancouver.

But, living in a Sprinter in my hood is the equivalent of a $3.2 million house. A Transit would bring down the property values!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Yer about two decades late on that one, Richard.:rolleyes:
No I'm not I moved out of Vancover in 1968 beacause of that ex pats from Singapore migrating to Vancover and totally changing the down-town real estate image, any one speak the queens english :rant:
Richard

Top Bottom