PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter without a seat

acvr4
02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
I was just looking through Ebay and came across this 05 Sprinter 118" without a full passenger seat, just the fold down. First time I've seen one like that :idunno: Interesting I wonder if thats the way Fedex & UPS Sprinters are?

sikwan
02-03-2007, 11:06 PM
That's a first for me too. :thinking:

Seek

BaywoodBill
02-04-2007, 03:25 PM
I'll bet your guess is right... that it's a retired UPS or FedEx or DHL van. They get up and go to the back every stop and it's a hassle for them to have a passenger seat. Besides, they're not supposed to carry passengers unless it's a supervisor checking their performance or a trainee.

sikwan
02-04-2007, 04:54 PM
I just noticed that there's no passenger airbag either.

Seek

georgetg
02-14-2007, 01:29 AM
...and no cupholder...

Both front seat boxes are just bolted on, so I guess it's not hard to have that option... The Westfalia seat bolts directly to the floor and doesn't include the seat box

Cheers
George

Zach Woods
02-14-2007, 10:06 AM
The Westfalia seat bolts directly to the floor and doesn't include the seat box

Cheers
George

Hi George -

Correct re: the Westfalia passenger seat (it has a sort of pedestal to support it). Driver seat is common to most Sprinters, though.

Zach

Scott_Mc
02-14-2007, 04:59 PM
I've seen it around a few times.

Fed Ex/UPS that's correct but was an option for all. It's called or was called cargo package #3.

"

* "Includes" seat delete (jump seat for passenger substituted)
* Airbag delete and a walk through partition with sliding door.
* High roof only

They charged extra for this ($1520 in `02 by my paperwork), personally I think it should be a credit!

Zach Woods
02-14-2007, 05:17 PM
* "Includes" seat delete (jump seat for passenger substituted)

Hi Scott -

You are reminding me that I saw one of these at Foss Dodge in NH.

I think the jumpseat may have been down (base of seat folded down - set up for use as a seat).

The jumpseat doesn't look all that comfortable or safe - sort of like those fold down seats that airline stewardesses sit in during take off and landing.

Zach