PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions

yuke
12-12-2018, 01:29 PM
I have an 05 and it seems there is no defrost what so ever no matter which way I turn the 3 dials I get no air blowing on windshield do I have to buy a small 12 volt fan and mount it to blow on windshield? I bought a car trailer yesterday and it has brakes I previously had trailer wires with no brakes question is what is a good brake controler and I do I hook it up?

Aqua Puttana
12-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Has your cabin fan filter been inspected/replaced recently? That can be critical.

Assuming that your cabin filter and vent selector knob/diverters are functioning properly, turn the vent knob close to, or at 12 o'clock. (I use about 11.) Close enough of the dash face vents until you feel or hear the defrost air. Similar to humans, air is lazy and will take the path of least resistance. The dash face vents are the easiest way out.

:cheers: vic

Zundfolge
12-12-2018, 04:21 PM
I bought a car trailer yesterday and it has brakes I previously had trailer wires with no brakes question is what is a good brake controler and I do I hook it up?

I use the Prodigy P2 and it works really really well, not too $$$ either. Pay attention to the wiring instructions though so you get it right the first time, you'll be tapping into the brake light wire, pulling power from a fused location from the battery to the back of the van, and a few other wiring feats. If you're at all weary of these sorts of things, just have someone do it at the local trailer place or auto shop etc.

NelsonSprinter
12-13-2018, 03:45 AM
I have an 05 and it seems there is no defrost what so ever no matter which way I turn the 3 dials I get no air blowing on windshield do I have to buy a small 12 volt fan and mount it to blow on windshield? I bought a car trailer yesterday and it has brakes I previously had trailer wires with no brakes question is what is a good brake controler and I do I hook it up?

Has it always had no windshield airflow or is it new to you?

Chickengrease
12-13-2018, 10:44 AM
Has your cabin fan filter been inspected/replaced recently? That can be critical.

Mine had probably never been changed, made a huge difference

Nautamaran
12-14-2018, 12:43 AM
With any trailer light install, it’s important that the lamp adapter be the POWERED type (taps van’s wires only for signals, not powe). The trailer’s lights can overload the van’s circuits and switch contacts, esp. if there is a fault in the trailer lamps or wiring.

-dave