Oil Leak On Top Of Engine.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Appears to be seepage from your boost/air hose end?
The clamp could perhaps be snugged up, but don’t go so tight that you cut the hose.
Oil in the charge air originates from the crank case vent system. Of course it’s not supposed to seep out, but under boost it will find every leak.

-dave

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Clean it all off very carefully then drive a short distance and see if it is from the Charge Air hose and running down or from the front of the engine and blowing back.

Keith.

It's tough to tell from pictures...

Clean it all off very carefully then drive a short distance and see if it is from the Charge Air hose and running down or from the front of the engine and blowing back.

Keith.
I agree with a good cleanup.

If it isn't a drip, and seems to be seeping out from nowhere, don't discount the possibility that the aluminum casting could be porous. That can happen.

If the casting is found to be the problem, you can try sealing with... wait for it... JB Weld. Is anyone surprised at that suggestion?

:cheers: vic

surlyoldbill

The intake air is SUPPOSED to be oily. A loose clamp or cracked hose will allow the oil vapor to leak out. It pools as oil in the lower sections of the intake system when the engine is off.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
From the low pressure fuel pump, looks like maybe a OM611 or OM612. But the stuff on the right does not look familiar to my NAFTA T1N eyes. What am I looking at?

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
From the low pressure fuel pump, looks like maybe a OM611 or OM612. But the stuff on the right does not look familiar to my NAFTA T1N eyes. What am I looking at?
Looks like a UK/Euro 4 cylinder.

And from a previous post DU said he has a 313 Cdi Sprintshift so Yes, it will be an OM611.

But, I have just found from another post this is actually an Australian RV!

Keith.

Last edited:

gemiadami

I have same area and same problem. I checked inside of hose and ı did not see any hole and ı chanced the position of clamp and cleaned oily area. On my eye.

Last edited:
Looks like a UK/Euro 4 cylinder.

And from a previous post DU said he has a 313 Cdi Sprintshift so Yes, it will be an OM611.

But, I have just found from another post this is actually an Australian RV!

Keith.

Sorry should of put more info of veh.

2001 313cdi 903. Australia .. Have washed and cleaned off engine and the seep of oil looks to be where the plastic connectors are bolted to rocker cover.
Will take off the large hose and clean it, also the area again and refit. See what happens then.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Sorry should of put more info of veh.

2001 313cdi 903. Australia .. Have washed and cleaned off engine and the seep of oil looks to be where the plastic connectors are bolted to rocker cover.
Will take off the large hose and clean it, also the area again and refit. See what happens then.
DU,

You can put vehicle details either in 'Location' box to show below User Name in LH column or create a signature to show below post (as I and many others have).

Very useful then as every post gets your details :thumbup:

Keith.

Top Bottom