What does the warranty cover?

tab380

The Drain Doctor
I have a 2007 2500 with 91978 miles on it and an engine light comes on, so I take it to Dodge to see what it was, and its a bad glow plug on #6 cylinder. $300.00 to fix! I thought it should be covered under the 100,000 mile drive train warranty.
Why is it not? The engine and transmission should be covered and the glow plugs are a part of the engine, Right?
Also I need front brakes. Any body found after market brake parts for a NCV3 yet?
And what about the transmission or engine hiccup. Any boby found a reason for that? I would like to get it fixed if there is a fix under warranty.:bash:

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
Unfortunately a glow plug is considered a maintenance item, even tho they can last the life of the engine, it's old school thinking from the days when glow plugs burnt out regularly. Glow plugs are also considered an emission control device (reduced smoke on start up) however LD emission warranties end at the gov't mandated 5 yr or 50,000 mile (whichever is first) limit.

tymbo

They should cover it under warranty. I had 2 glow plugs replaced at 93000 miles on my 2003 T1n. emissions warranty should be 7 yr. 100,000 miles.

tab380

The Drain Doctor
They should cover it under warranty. I had 2 glow plugs replaced at 93000 miles on my 2003 T1n. emissions warranty should be 7 yr. 100,000 miles.
Is the emissions warranty for the 2007 deferent than the 2003?

tab380

The Drain Doctor
You got taken. See the General manager and or open up a dispute with the dealer.
I have not had the job done yet. I checked my warranty book and have 5yr 100,000 mile emission warranty and told the service writer what you wrote and he checked and told me it is still not covered. You must have got lucky or the warranty for the T1N was different than the NCV3.

I still unable to locate an after market brake dealer for the US. Has any one in the US been successful in getting Bembo rotors and pads for a Dodge 2500? and if so, was it cheaper than the Dodge parts?

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
NAFTA NCV3 Brakes

I'd contact Steve Schock at Europarts-SD.com and ask about the parts.

Following Richard's clue, I found disc part numbers, but no pads....

NCV3 Brakes.JPG

-Jon

Top Bottom