Power block under drivers seat

jcphoto

Hello, I own a 2009 Winnebago View on a 2008 Sprinter chasis. Recently, my backup camera stopped working due to no power. Winnebago powers the camera from the "key on" post on the power block under the drivers seat. This post is not getting any power, while the other two posts on the block (always hot, and engine running) have power. Is there a fuse or relay associated with the "key on" post that may be causing it to have no power? I know the camera is good because I jumped power to it from the other two posts, and it turned on. Thanks.

John

jcphoto

Thank you for your response. I replaced both the fuse and the relay, and the camera still does not work. I used an aftermarket relay, so maybe it's not the right one, or is there something ahead of the fuse and relay that could be the culprit?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
A 2007 wiring diagram is here: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/07_Wiring-sprinter-2500.pdf
It will be very very close to your wiring.

There probably is a fuse upstream of the User Terminal, but it would be a BIG one that you'd notice if it was blown.
There will also be a fuse on whatever circuit drives the relay that powers the User terminal, but it may be buried behind the "Body Control Module" logic.

Looking at hippy's reference, it would be Fuse #8 in the 55/3 fuse block (that would be three fuses to the left of the #11 fuse you've already visited)

--dick

Last edited:

jcphoto

It turns out that the fuse and relay are working properly. The relay waits for a signal from the body control module before before it closes, and it is not getting that signal. Since the backup camera is the only thing connected to the acc on post, I decided to save some money and connect the camera to the post that gets power when the engine is running, instead of replacing the bcm. The camera is now working fine. Thanks for all your help.

hippy

Hardware Modifier
Glad you got to the bottom of it John and the added bonus of it being a free fix.

Top Bottom