2010 Passenger floor heat not blowing

reiemttok

Hi everyone. I've got a lot of information from this site while looking at sprinters. I finally bought a 2010 passenger van and joined this forum. I bought knowing it had a few issues. One issue I need to address right away is the vent on the floor just past the drive/co-driver hardly blows air. Simple fix? I'm in Missouri and its cold already. Kids are going to need coveralls in the mornings. Any advice would help.

satown210

That's all it does. If you want rear heat, there was an option for a rear heater. There would be vents running down the left side of the floor. If you don't have those then you don't have rear heat. These vans are weirdly optioned when it comes to HVAC. You can have rear a/c but no rear heat.

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
Hi everyone. I've got a lot of information from this site while looking at sprinters. I finally bought a 2010 passenger van and joined this forum. I bought knowing it had a few issues. One issue I need to address right away is the vent on the floor just past the drive/co-driver hardly blows air. Simple fix? I'm in Missouri and its cold already. Kids are going to need coveralls in the mornings. Any advice would help.
I've compared the air coming out of that vent to a drunk asthmatic trying to avoid a breathalyzer test.

I'd break out the coveralls. Or look into something like an Espar heater.

fishbulb

My 2015 passenger van has the rear heat option which blows very hard across the floor just aft of the first bench seat row, that may not have helped you much anyway if you only have kids in the first row (can still take a while to heat the whole rear cabin from the back). Something I noticed right away though was very disappointing floor heat at the driver/passenger front seats, as others have said, like my feet are being coughed-on by a mouse.

I read a past recommendation elsewhere on the forum which did help, maybe you can get some more air to the rear seat. The air diverter flap behind the dash never stops allowing air out the mid-level (steering-wheel height) vents, regardless of the position of the air level/height knob.
So if you turn the knob to upper/defrost, some air comes out of the defrost vents and a lot comes out of the mid vents. If you turn the knob to the floor, some comes out of the floor vents and a lot comes out of the mid vents. The mid-level vents need to be closed, or mostly closed before the floor or defrost vents in my van blow very hard. It's still the weakest floor heat of any vehicle I've owned to date, but the above did help a lot.

Something else to watch out for is the two vents on the upper front-edge of the dash, just to the sides of the center stack or storage bin. These seem to blow fresh outside air (could be useful depending on cargo) which is not heated at all. When I got my van, these were about half-way open and I drove it for a long time like that before I figured out that they have a different air supply.

F2ca170

I found that mine didn't much change when I switched to from dash vents to floor or defrost. Never looked into it..... then pulled my radio one day to change it, and found the OEM radio wiring harness was laying in the control wheel that moves all the levers for the dampers when you change the settings.

I haven't put it all back together yet (still working on changing the radio), but this had to be blocking the damper control wheel from completely moving freely. So I'm hoping when it goes back together, it will switch between blower outlets better.

Last edited:

satown210

Yeah they are all like that. When you change from dash to floor, to , defrost, etc; the majority of the air still comes out of the dash. Last 3 sprinters I've had all do that. Upper vents only blow cold air. Rear vent between seats only blows a whisper of heat out of it. Just because you have rear a/c doesn't mean you get rear heat. Heater boosters are not reliable. Both my 2016 and 2017 are inop. I think these HVAC systems were designed during Germany's Oktoberfest.....

Top Bottom