Sprinter issues help! LHM DPF

Vacreeper1

Hello, all. I’m new to the forum. I’ve checked a lot of the threads on the issues I’ve been having with my truck but after replacing various things, I’m still lost. I’ve got a 2011 sprinter 3500 with the 3.0. Bought the truck used. Very shortly after buying it I found out what limp mode is. After taking it to various shops and replacing parts, it ended up needing all the dpf replaced. I didn’t have money to pay that much so I sent off the computer and had it changed and a delete kit. Ran great for a few months, more power than ever. The battery light has randomly come on since day one. Cut the truck off and it might not come back on for weeks. Then it started blowing turbo hoses and resonater. I actually bought a turbo tubing kit and replaced all that. Ran great for a while. Next pulled out of the driveway one day and about a mile down the road the turbo cutout. I looked on here and after research and what my cheap obd2 meter said, I replaced the map sensor. No luck, replaced the mass air, no luck. Replaced turbo actuator, no luck. I’m still getting the same codes, plus a new one. Po101 stored, po676 pending, po06d permanent, po107 permanent, po101 permanent. I know most of you don’t want to hear about a delete kit or piping changes but that’s what has been done. Could someone please help! This truck is driven daily but been down for a month. Thanks!!

gulum1804

Sorry to hear you have been having some bad luck with the van. It would help to know what the situation is in the ecu, this can simply be a case of bad programming. We have seen in the past bad Tunning can start a down spiral of problems, but given that you have been driving it for a while seems very odd. Did you disconnect the pressure sensor when the tuning was done? Its not normal to have all of these codes popup all at once. There's either some odd wiring electrical issue or an issue with the ecu. Hope some one ells can better help.

Vacreeper1

Thanks. Yeah, I sent the computer to a place in Alabama and they changed it and sent back the exhaust system. They said the egr, swirl valve, dpf stuff and ox sensors are out of the loop. I do know after that for at least a couple months it had way more power. So, basically I have no clue about the tune. I’m just lost. Lol

gulum1804

Thanks. Yeah, I sent the computer to a place in Alabama and they changed it and sent back the exhaust system. They said the egr, swirl valve, dpf stuff and ox sensors are out of the loop. I do know after that for at least a couple months it had way more power. So, basically I have no clue about the tune. I’m just lost. Lol
well it does happen, hopefully they can sort it out. The power gain comes from disabling the egr, and maybe they added an extra horse power if you told them to. But over time things can get out of sync, this all comes down to how well the ECU was tuned. A ****ty tune will always run you in to problems. But it still beats driving around with all that stuff on. Glad to hear you got things under control. Best of Luck.

Vacreeper1

Thanks, bud. Do you guys think I should contact the tuner and see if they think that may be the issue? The truck is totally useless right now.

SeattleMatt

From what I've read the GDE tune brings the boost up past 20PSI, that is a lot of pressure for all of the poorly designed seals that Mercedes has on the intake track for the OM642. Have you taken your turbo intake tube off and checked that the pink gasket is still there and intact?

Top Bottom